Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.81.240

Hello, i'm facing an issue while visiting the website http://oddsportal.com while connected to the vpn. I have the website whitelisted on my noscript addon and everytime i visit the site, the timezone is changed according to my original ip address instead of my vpn ip.

My original ip has never beek leaked on sites like “dnsleaktest” and “ipleak” but i can't understand how “Oddsportal” timezone is detecting my real ip. I use Firefox and my OS is Linux mint and i usually use the vpn through the airvpn client. I have tried wiping off cookies and have even disabled local storage cookies on firefox but still Oddsportal detects my real timezone.

Any idea on what's going on?

They're probably doing it through your browser. You might want to try some of the suggestions in this article and see whether it makes any difference.

https://support.hidemyass.com/hc/en-us/articles/202720656-Browser-setup-cache-location-services-incognito-mode

No, nothing listed on that article has made any difference. My original timezone is being shown even in incognito mode.

I tried changing my system timezone to UTC and visited the oddsportal website and the timezone is being shown as UTC. So, is there a possibility that Oddsportal is somehow able to access my system timezone?

Hello, i'm facing an issue while visiting the website http://oddsportal.com while connected to the vpn. I have the website whitelisted on my noscript addon and everytime i visit the site, the timezone is changed according to my original ip address instead of my vpn ip.

My original ip has never beek leaked on sites like “dnsleaktest” and “ipleak” but i can't understand how “Oddsportal” timezone is detecting my real ip. I use Firefox and my OS is Linux mint and i usually use the vpn through the airvpn client. I have tried wiping off cookies and have even disabled local storage cookies on firefox but still Oddsportal detects my real timezone.

I just discovered the same problem visiting http://whoer.net  with the same setup as you, mint, firefox. Have you found a solution yet?

I just discovered the same problem visiting http://whoer.net  with the same setup as you, mint, firefox. Have you found a solution yet?

​No, i haven't found any solution yet. Websites are able to detect the system timezone on Linux mint even while using VPN.

mUWjz5t.jpg

​Whoer.net is able to detect the system timezone. Here's a screenshot of my test.

There's also WITCH.

Interestingly, I ran 2ip's test with my Android phone and it detected an open web "proxy" port (80, because I run a webserver at home) and VPN port 4500/UDP, the probability of my phone using anonymization would be 70%. I ran some tests, I could not verify the VPN port being open anywhere in my network.

On my PC, it correctly detected usage of OpenVPN, but again it wanted to tell me 4500/UDP would be open which was clearly not the case.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

There's also WITCH.

Interestingly, I ran 2ip's test with my Android phone and it detected an open web "proxy" port (80, because I run a webserver at home) and VPN port 4500/UDP, the probability of my phone using anonymization would be 70%. I ran some tests, I could not verify the VPN port being open anywhere in my network.

On my PC, it correctly detected usage of OpenVPN, but again it wanted to tell me 4500/UDP would be open which was clearly not the case.

Keep in mind it's probing the VPN server, not your IP address.  Air very well could have those ports open.

​I think this is an issue with your browser. I don't run Linux, I am on OS X but I do use Firefox with Random Agent Spoofer. When I use Whoer, it shows my "real" time zone (the one different from the Air server) as the one I set in Random Agent Spoofer. Hope this helps.

There's also WITCH.

Keep in mind it's probing the VPN server, not your IP address.  Air very well could have those ports open.

Of course it's probing the VPN server but my mobile does not. Coincidental, or is a feature not working right?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.