Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.9.115
leakforce

Logging into paypal with airvpn

Hi all,

has any one of u tried loggin into paypal (or even paying with paypal) while using airvpn?

Are they instantly suspending or freezing paypal accounts for loggin into the account with a vpn? (Does this maybe depend on the location of the vpn?)

Would be nice if someone could help me out with this.

Greetings

Dozens of times, only trouble has been with the vendor, not paypal

Ok thanks guys, did you use a vpn server which has a different location then the ip u registered the account with or was it the same location?

Well i wouldn't use a VPN from a different location to log in to my PayPal Account. I've done this one time by mistake (used an IP from Taiwan or so), and they partially locked my account down due to safety reasons. Silly me! I had to unlock it by a code they sent me via SMS.

Just my 2 cents

Regards,

Fox & Dana

I try to use the servers in my country, but often I have used others with no issue. The biggest issue you will encounter is having to verify your account.

It depends on the pattern of your activity, and not a single sign-in event.

For example, signing from country X, and then in a short period of time signing from country Y,

will lead to your account being suspended almost instantly.

This is the case for private accounts, corporate accounts that might be shared from many locations

might have a different policy. But considering the number of phishing and their lack of other security

measures, like 2FA, there is nothing they can do today to minimize those fraud attempts except those

annoying blocks.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Biggest problem I have had is getting it to display the correct currency from the drop down list - I usually choose Bahrain or something which then allows me to further choose pound sterling. I normally have to verify using mobile.

Just to let you know, i recently logged in and payed some of my servers via paypal while connected to an NL server and i got into no troubles. (Paypal acc is registered from another location and last login from that location was a couple of days ago)

​Thanks for your help

Not a good idea to use VPN or proxy with paypal. It's against their terms of service. They can freeze your account for using vpn with paypal. They don't enforce it all the time obviously but it's still a huge problem when they catch you.

Newbie wrote:-

"Not a good idea to use VPN or proxy with paypal. It's against their terms of service​" Could you kindly point me to the relevant paragraph in their T&Cs?

I have connected to Paypal over many years using AirVPN via a UK server with an Australian address and never had any problem or even been questioned.

I just checked my login with Internet Explorer 11, just a blank screen, however Microsoft Edge logged in without any issues. My last transaction was August 2015.

I did see something about being a verified customer, maybe that helps.