Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.1.232
Sign in to follow this  
Supercell

ANSWERED Does airvpn use shared bandwidth?

I am using the three day trial of AirVPN at the moment to evaluate the service and overall am pretty happy.

However when connected to a US server yesterday it was consistently showing ~21Mbps upload. The vpn stats page of the client was showing about 80mb download and > 2GB upload which made me wonder if the client is sharing bandwidth ?

Since I switched to other countries servers the issue has not reoccurred.

So my question is - does AirVPN use shared bandwidth amongst their users?

The AirVPN Client "Eddie" can often have inaccurate bandwidth totals, especially after disconnects/reconnects - ignore it.

Go here to view accurate stats for your sessions https://airvpn.org/client/

To directly answer your question, yes. AirVPN share server's bandwidths between users, which allows for more "mixing of traffic", but the servers are never overloaded. You can see all the server loads yourself on the client, or here: https://airvpn.org/status/

If I had to guess, the server you were using either has a bad route to your ISP or was simply having some issues. Find a server that works well for you, and use it.

Welcome to AirVPN!

I am using the three day trial of AirVPN at the moment to evaluate the service and overall am pretty happy.

However when connected to a US server yesterday it was consistently showing ~21Mbps upload. The vpn stats page of the client was showing about 80mb download and > 2GB upload which made me wonder if the client is sharing bandwidth ?

It does not share your home connection, nor the connection from you to the server in any way.

aka other users are not connecting through you, nor do they have anything to do with your connection to the server.

The servers total available bandwidth is however shared between all the users connected to it. But that's the only sharing that occurs.

It does not share your home connection, nor the connection from you to the server in any way.

aka other users are not connecting through you, nor do they have anything to do with your connection to the server.

The servers total available bandwidth is however shared between all the users connected to it. But that's the only sharing that occurs.

This also, I didn't think to interpret it like this. AirVPN is nothing like Hola! Free VPN and it does not provide other people the ability to use your connection.

This also, I didn't think to interpret it like this. AirVPN is nothing like Hola! Free VPN and it does not provide other people the ability to use your connection.

I wasn't completely sure myself lol