Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.247.196
Sign in to follow this  
thecult

More CIS Servers pretty please

Really loving the Ukraine vpn.

Any chance of any more in the CIS? 

CIS = Russian Federation, Ukraine, Belarus , Kazakhstan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia , Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan

I use vpn from the CIS for a large amount of things and with the 1 ukrainian vpn there I am worried it might go offline like the last one did?

What do you say? Clearly some of these countries are a no no due to goverment snopping and poor infrastructure but more in Ukraine and maybe some in Georgia/Armenia couldn't go a miss?

Pretty please

I don't think they are able to find a suitable provider for Russia. As for the other countries, I can only guess the situation would be the same, or another reason.

If I had to guess, the Ukraine server will not go down for the foreseeable future. There doesn't seem to ever be any other problems other than high load, but that doesn't appear to have a noticeable effect on actual speed.

For Russia - RETN.net, Anders.ru is a good choice, they are not censored by RosKomNadzor (The Russian version of GFW). Other providers with a dedicated 1gbps port are hard to find.

Ukraine - there is already a server

Belarus - every provider includes around 20-30Gb of traffic - the rest will be billed as extra 1$/GB. Buyers need to provide ID number and copy.

Azerbaijan - same as Belarus + operating a VPN service can get you into a real trouble with the local law. No one will risk that.

Kazakhstan - pretty much a monopoly operated by KAZTELECOM. VPNs and censorship bypass services are not allowed.

Kyrgyzstan - only 2 ISPs, payment is in a local currency, constant country-wide power outages. No foreign customers are welcome.

Armenia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan - You won't find any offers there even on exoticvps.com

Georgia - same as Kyrgyzstan, local presense required.

Those providers don't even want foreigners on their network.

The only exception is this list is Moldova, with a good selection of ISPs and relatively cheap bandwidth.

But that will overlap with 2 already existing Romanian servers that are barely used and I think would be redundant, if not useless.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.