Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.95.38
bernie

please help a tech-challenged nOObie

Ever since I installed AirVPN my download speeds have become brutally slow and I keep getting disconnected from bit torrents and FileFactory downloads.  I have no idea how to tweak all of the confusing settings because I'm brand new to the world of vpn clients.

I don't know if any of this info is helpful at all...but I have Verizon FIOS and I'm using Windows 7.

My bittorrent client is qbittorrent and I download a lot of files via FileFactory.

I also notice that loading pages on Chrome is very slow as well...

If someone has the patience to walk me through this I will greatly appreciate it....

Using Eddie? (Air's own program)

Open the program>click the Airvpn sign>preferences>protocols

Try different settings there, save, restart the program and try to connect again

Don't forget you need to use an open port with bittorrent. Login to your Airvpn web account, go to client area, forwared ports, and just click on ADD to create a random forwarded por numbert. Then put that port number (5 digits) in your qbittorrent prog somewhere in its settup or preferences section. That should do it as the Airvpn clinet Eddie does an excellent job of self-configuring. If you're still having problems, it could be your ISP is blocking or sllowing p2p file sharing, but there are ways around that. Open a support help issue. I've found the Airvpn support staff very responsive and helpful. Cheers.

If you're still having problems, it could be your ISP is blocking or sllowing p2p file sharing

The ISP will be unaware that p2p is being used

Hope you have successfully found some settings that work for you; I experience very little speed degredation using Air.

Thanks for the replies - still trying to master this program.  I have a long way to go...lol