Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.196.182

Hey guys, please add a way to save the OSX password on startup. It sucks to enter it every time.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to get Safari to not open a new window when you switch to private mode? I hate having to close the normal window all the time.

Thanks! Love AirVPN, best VPN service hands down.

No, it's a 'limitation' (feature) of OS X not Eddie. By its nature OS X  prompts the user for the administrator password to elevate privileges. It's a (good) way to stop malware or other things running as root and gaining access to deeper parts of the system when they shouldn't. Eddie needs to access, and modify, your networking stack, firewall (pf) and routing, so OS X will always prompt you. It's the same in Linux (password prompt) and Windows (UAC elevation prompt). 

I don't know of a way to stop Safari opening a new window to differentiate private traffic from regular traffic. In fact I don't remember it doing so, but I don't use Safari very often. Try Firefox if you're not happy with it. Firefox allows tab based private browsing (File > New Private Tab).

I also think it is super annoying. It makes AirVPN OS X app working like non native to OS X environment. I have tested plenty of VPNs with dedicated OS X apps and maybe 2 of them including AirVPN behaved in that way asking for a password every time the app is launched. The other VPN was actually asking for the same upon first OpenVPN connection, but all others have just asked once during the installation of helper tools and that's it.

Can something be done about it?

I agree.  Wouldn't mind if there was an answer or response to this question. I love AirVPN so far, but when it's time to renew if there is no official response on this, I might choose to try another service.