Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.158.47
bradcox5975

Trying to figure out port forwarding when isp blocks everything

As it says im trying to get access to my camera nvr out and about.

Im currently using a tmobile hotspot and tmobile blocks all incoming ports.

Is there anyway around this using airvpn here? Thanks for the help and im a totally new to this site.

AirVPN's port forwarding feature is separate to portforwarding without a VPN. The fact that your ISP is blocking all inbound ports means nothing and you should be successful in portforwarding to the outside internet. When you connect, you must use the exit IP of the VPN server, and not your ISP provided IP.

So i setup airvpn and actually use the exit ip as my ip address to access my nvr outside of my home network?

Well that IP address is the only way through your VPN tunnel.

So i setup airvpn and actually use the exit ip as my ip address to access my nvr outside of my home network?

You can assume it will not change unless the server is withdrawen, or when the datacenter changes, or some other rare ocasions like IP is in Spamhaus and so. All the above are usually not because of AirVPN's decision.

"nvr" == "Network Video Recorder"?

You could use DDNS if you want:

https://airvpn.org/faq/ddns/

Look for the fields labeled "DDNS" and the blurb at the "Dynamic DNS name propagation" blurb at the on the forwarded ports page:

https://airvpn.org/ports/

Sweet on the ddns. The ncr actually has a place for the ddns settings. Not sure if id use this or not but i have a trial period i can try first and make sure it all work. Im planning on doing this