Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.154.171

I have had no problems with the config generator until now, but suddenly, I have tried to download the config file for Latvia, and it won't work. I have checked and rechecked that I have ticked the right boxes, but when I hit the "generate" button, nothing moves. It's incredibly frustrating. I have tried downloading the config files for other servers, and other ports/ protocols to see if that worked, but right now, I am unable to download any config. files for anything.

the iPad seems to be working perfectly in every other respect.

I will confess to not having updated my iPad2 for at least the last two updates, as I am sick of undergoing 3 months of weeping and gnashing of teeth after each upgrade. Could this be the reason for my current problem? I am not a techie person, just a community noobie. Any thoughts gratefully accepted.

I don't run "i" anything so I'm really not a pro with apple stuff. But if you haven't already, try clearing all the cookies and cache ect.

Its possible the files were being updated while you were initially trying to download them. Thus the browser cached a incomplete version or something. Or the browser just stored a broken/incomplete version and kept trying to sent it to you. -I just downloaded them all with no issues via firefox.

If needed you could test/download them via another device. -Could always toss the files on a usb drive then -> ipad.

Thanks for reply. I tried clearing cookies/ history but no joy. There's no problem downloading the files on the laptop. It is super frustrating. I might need to open a ticket. It's too weird for my little brain!

If its working on a different system/browser then its a ipad / browser combo problem.

I'm sure there's other browsers available for the ipad2. Or check the settings in what ever browser you're using on the pad.

@cookies/history. -just make sure to clear the cache as well.

gl

Thanks Khariz.

I need to make sure I've cleared my cache. My iPad's old and there's no immediate access to this setting off the settings menu, only access to cookies and history. I will hunt down what I need to do to clear cache and see what happens afterwards. Cheers guys for taking the time with a newbie question. I know these kinds of questions are not exactly very stimulating conversation for those of you "in the know".

To be fair this is an iPad air, so I may very well have a newer version of safari. I suggest just trying to make one opvn confit at a time and see if that works. I can do multiples, but I can see how that might mess up.

Did you try going down to the very bottom of the config page?

It should say "mobile version" or something. Click it and you'll get the full page.

Couldnt work out how to get the config thingy to work on my iphon before this

Do you know, I never noticed the mobile version before! That's before it hadn't been relevant. I hadn't had any problem downloading config files via the full site. I tried the mobile version, but still no joy. Khariz, yeah, I do one config file at a time, also tried just one server at a time, and different ports/ protocols, to see what happens. Basically, I can get the generator button up, but then nothing happens. I still have to make absolutely sure I've cleared my cache (old version of safari isn't making it easy to do). We'll see.

Do you know, I never noticed the mobile version before! That's before it hadn't been relevant. I hadn't had any problem downloading config files via the full site. I tried the mobile version, but still no joy. Khariz, yeah, I do one config file at a time, also tried just one server at a time, and different ports/ protocols, to see what happens. Basically, I can get the generator button up, but then nothing happens. I still have to make absolutely sure I've cleared my cache (old version of safari isn't making it easy to do). We'll see.

Another thing to consider. You can download the opvn files on any computer and then email them to yourself and "run" them on the ipad.

Khariz, thanks!!! I think rickjames was alluding to this earlier, and I hadn't understood the comment. This is what comes of being a total noob. At least I learnt something. :-D

Khariz, on 11 Mar 2015 - 23:29, said:

Khariz, on 11 Mar 2015 - 23:29, said:

Another thing to consider. You can download the opvn files on any computer and then email them to yourself and "run" them on the ipad.

Unless you run your own mail server or trust your email provider 10000000% I wouldn't email them to yourself.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I literally know nothing about sarfari/ios.