Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.102.225
Sign in to follow this  
Dwight Schrute

What are the best/safest servers for utorrent?

Hello, 

Knowing that I am a EU citizen living currently in the US, I was wondering what were the best (and safest) servers to use for utorrent? 

I know Canadian servers are fast since I am in the US but is it a safe option? Should I use EU-based servers, knowing that they are a bit slow for me (speed matters but security is the most important issue to me)? 

Sorry if my post is not in the right category !

Thanks for reading my message

Hello,

You are free to use P2P on any AirVPN server. It says so on the AirVPN homepage. Also, AirVPN does not keep any logs of your activity so you should be just fine. Just make sure that you have the "network lock" enabled on the AirVPN "Eddie" 2.8 client. Be sure to also go to IPleak.net (The site is managed by AirVPN) and check to see that you are not leaking your IP, DNS, or WebCT.

Cheers!

Hi SOA, 

Thanks for your reply.

What's the "lock network" mode? I was not aware of the 2.8 client, just got it and I enabled "lock network" mode but I never did that before; did I take risks? Basically when I was downloading some P2P files, I always made sure to launch Airvpn before utorrent and the I would check the "connection time" to make sure I was never logged off (just a problem yesterday when the french server went down while using utorrent, airvpn logged on to a dutch server right away, I saw that and I stopped uotrrent right away, so I must have been uncovered for like 1 minute)

Regarding ipleaks.net, is is just a website like that one http://www.hostip.fr/? That's the one I usally use to make sure my ip is no longer the same.

Hi SOA, 

Thanks for your reply.

What's the "lock network" mode? I was not aware of the 2.8 client, just got it and I enabled "lock network" mode but I never did that before; did I take risks? Basically when I was downloading some P2P files, I always made sure to launch Airvpn before utorrent and the I would check the "connection time" to make sure I was never logged off (just a problem yesterday when the french server went down while using utorrent, airvpn logged on to a dutch server right away, I saw that and I stopped uotrrent right away, so I must have been uncovered for like 1 minute)

Regarding ipleaks.net, is is just a website like that one http://www.hostip.fr/? That's the one I usally use to make sure my ip is no longer the same.

Hello,

I apologize for the late response. I answered a question similiar to yours about the network lock feature on another thread that should help you out! Check the link below!

https://airvpn.org/topic/13687-shut-off-utorrent-when-vpn-goes-down/