Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.100.34
Sign in to follow this  
mr.Rhee

ANSWERED I need a PKGBUILD so I can install Eddie on Manjaro 64bit?

Hi, I've noticed at at least a couple of people have installed Eddie on Arch & the Arch based Manjaro.

How do I install airvpn_linux_x64_mono.tar.gz (is that the best package to use?) without a PKGBUILD & pacman/yaourt?

If a kind Arch knowledgeable person could create a PKGBUILD it would make the installation so very easy?

Hi, I've noticed at at least a couple of people have installed Eddie on Arch & the Arch based Manjaro.

How do I install airvpn_linux_x64_mono.tar.gz (is that the best package to use?) without a PKGBUILD & pacman/yaourt?

If a kind Arch knowledgeable person could create a PKGBUILD it would make the installation so very easy?

I am using Arch occasionally and the portable version is working fine for me. I followed the explanation in this post.

I don't know another way but it wouldn't make much difference anyway.

I am using Arch occasionally and the portable version is working fine for me. I followed the explanation in this post.

I don't know another way but it wouldn't make much difference anyway.

Thanks for your reply.

I had already read the post that you linked to. I don't understand the "explanation" of that post - I am a bit thick though... lol

What steps do I need to take to install the Eddie "portable" package?

What steps do I need to take to install the Eddie "portable" package?

You just need to download the portable version (without mono). You also need to have kdesu installed (the link is for a 64-bit OS).

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/kdesu/

By clicking on the airvpn programme icon you will have to type in your root password for access.

Everything else is the same, like logging in and configuring the client the first time (e.g. activating the network lock). When logging off properly there won't be any changes the next time.

It's that simple!

PS: It's called portable because you don't really install the client but rather open it (if I am not mistaken). This way you can easily use the portable version on another computer [assuming kdesu is installed]. It works like the portable version of firefox or truecrypt et cetera.

Thanks wer.

I got a reply from support that told me much the same thing. You don't need kdesu though.

I just changed the name of the folder containing "portable" to ~/airvpn & made a button in my favourite file util - Worker that runs the command sudo <path>/airvpn which asks for my root password & then gives me the airvpn login screen.

Good stuff. Now I can have a look at this wonderful new (to me at least) airvpn client. I think Eddie & I are going to be great friends.

Cheers,

I'll mark this thread solved.