Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.117.109
Sign in to follow this  
alvinsiu

ANSWERED Connecting 2 vpn at the same time?

I am new to VPN, so maybe this is a noob question.

I can only connect to AirVPN using SSH tunnel, but I'm using VPN for gaming, the latency is now quite instable, like from 200ms pumping to 400ms. 

Is it possible to connect 2 vpn at the same time like this? 

client --(SSH tunnel)-- AirVPN --(UDP)-- Home VPN

Can this help stabling latency?

I get better pings and less packet loss using ssl+openvpn while gaming. However if you're unable to use SSL or a standard UDP openvpn connection there's not much you can do. And vpn chaining will only make it worse.

Also remember if you're playing on servers thousands of miles from the vpn location its gonna be flaky. So if you're using a NL airvpn server then game on servers close to NL.

I get better pings and less packet loss using ssl+openvpn while gaming. However if you're unable to use SSL or a standard UDP openvpn connection there's not much you can do. And vpn chaining will only make it worse.

Also remember if you're playing on servers thousands of miles from the vpn location its gonna be flaky. So if you're using a NL airvpn server then game on servers close to NL.

Thx for solving my problem mate.

I found that pings will be much lower if I put TCP_NODELAY flag on my home VPN.

Any chance to do something similar to that on AirVPN (adding flag on client side?)

Sorry for the late response, its been a busy weekend.

I'm pretty sure TCP_NODELAY also must be implemented server side. And tbh I don't know if it is. Hopefully a staff member can reply with more information on it.