Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.244.201
GreyGold

Should I Update OpenVPN under Eddie v2.7?

First off, AirVPN is working quite nicely for me, so this is kiind of a nit ("enquiring minds want to know", and all that).

I'm getting notified by Secunia that there's a recommended update to OpenVPN.  I don't have OpenVPN explicitly installed; rather, Secunia is detecting it under my AirVPN (Eddie v2.7) installation.  Is it advisable to update OpenVPN directly, or leave it at its current rev. level and only perform the update in conjunction with the next Eddie release?

Hello Mr.Natural,

OpenVPN has been updated to version 2.3.6 in the latest AirVPN beta client version 2.8 RC3. I doubt it will be updated in Eddie 2.7 since 2.8 is close to release. The beta has been running flawlessly here on my system. You can find details on it here: https://airvpn.org/topic/13002-experimentalbeta-release/

If it was me, I would just update the AirVPN client to the 2.8 RC3 version or you could wait for the stable version to be released.

HTH...