Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.93.221
Sign in to follow this  
AirToSurf

High download speed is causing high upload speed.

Hello,

A short time VPN user here.

I am rather new to using a VPN, a couple of months, but I have noticed whenever my download speed increases my upload speed increases dramatically causing everyone else on the network to crawl to a halt.

E.G. Download: 435KB/s Upload: 36KB/s

It even goes up to 76KB/s upload at some points.

Is this normal?

Hello,

I am rather new to using a VPN, a couple of months, but I have noticed whenever my download speed increases my upload speed increases dramatically causing everyone else on the network to crawl to a halt.

Is this normal?

to my knowledge your upload will almost always rise to some degree when your downloads goes up but since your not telling what kind of protocol or software your using its hard to tell.

it should none the less be no noticeable difference compared to when your not using the vpn unless your isp throttles your upload.

Hello,

Is this normal?

to my knowledge your upload will almost always rise to some degree when your downloads goes up but since your not telling what kind of protocol or software your using its hard to tell.

it should none the less be no noticeable difference compared to when your not using the vpn unless your isp throttles your upload.

I'm on OS X using ver. 2.7 Client.

Protocol: UDP on port 443

The download speeds spikes with any download activity above 50KB/s.

This applies to Youtube (as well as other video and audio streams), HTTP downloads, FTP downloads, and P2P downloads.

I am currently downloading a Linux ISO and I get the following speeds. (See attached screenshots)

Everyone else / every other device connected to the same WIFI network.

There are wired connections available to use.

I'll try updating to a development version or try using the OpenVPN client to see if that fixes the problem.