Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.202.187

Hi all, I have been using this addon for nearly a year now and thought it was worth sharing.

The Github version has  more functionality. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/random-agent-spoofer/?src=search

https://github.com/dillbyrne/random-agent-spoofer/

As the name suggests it spoofs your user agent... but more, it also has several other cool features and privacy tweaks. Its simple getting good results at Panopticlick https://panopticlick.eff.org/ One thing I've noticed is when Random Agent Spoofer is enabled I get a - Forwarded For - IP address as well as my - IP Address - and - Detected DNS Address - tnUkEcD.png With Random Agent Spoofer disabled I just see - IP Address - and - Detected DNS Address - 1ftIsB2.pngNot sure why this happens, I suspect its a good thing as it's another IP thats totally unconnected to my real address. Any thoughts on this welcome.

I use Blender but still Panoptoclick says I have a unique fingerprint. It seems that "Browser Plugin Details" provides the most amount of identifying bits. Do you know of a way to fake that without disabling Javascript?

About the weird IP address, that is certainly a concern. You don't want your traffic proxied trough a third party you don't know. I would investigate it and turn it off until you figure out why it shows up.

Not sure why this happens, I suspect its a good thing as it's another IP thats totally unconnected to my real address. Any thoughts on this welcome.

​You can change that in the RAS options:
Go to Headers -> Send Spoofed 'X-forwarded for' headers and uncheck it to disable it. Or change the setting in the ip drop down. I think it defaults to Random IP, but you could put in a custom ip if you wanted. Google for example.

​There's also 'Send spoofed 'Via' headers' which can also be random or custom.
​FWIW I leave both disabled/Unchecked. Imo it doesn't simulate real traffic at all as the ip's aren't site's / servers.

​My Ras Settings:
​Profile tab:
​Random - desktop only
Change random profile on time interval = per request
​Notifications off

​Then in the profile's section I uncheck all Linux/Unix. Windows/Mac are the most used according to all the stats I've seen.

​Headers tab:
​Disable Authorization header = checked
​Spoof accepted documents = checked
Spoof accepted encoding = checked
​Spoof accepted language (US English) = checked
Everything else unchecked in that section

​Extras:
Time zone spoofing (UTC): = Set to anything other than your own
​​Screen size spoofing = 1366x768 -> this was the most widely used @ last check.
​Use standard font set = not checked
Limit tab history to 2 = not checked -> this is annoying imo lol.
​Disable browser cache = not checked -> I use a ramdisk or tmpfs.
​Everything else = checked.

​Whitelist section: = disabled. -> Its a handy feature though.

​The panopticlick score is anywhere from 16 - 22. But none of the information it sees is real so its somewhat moot.
I haven't tried blender yet. It looks interesting though. I wish the addons site had more info on what it changes.

Hey, Thanks for reply.

And for pointing out where the IP addresses where coming from, obvious now I know !!

I agree this is best disabled, infact could this be potentially identifiable.