Not connected, Your IP: 18.116.63.174
Sign in to follow this  
midego

Auto connect on iPhone 6+

Hello,

Is it possible to make the VPN auto connect on my 6+.

Now I have to connect manually everytime wich is something I dont want.

Thanks in advance,

Michiel

Are you using the latest open vpn connect app? If so and if your phone has ios 8 you can take advantage of their seamless tunnel. You have to go into general settings on your iphone (not the app) and scroll down to openvpn connect and make sure to toggle on seamless tunnel for iOS 8 and also I would check option for no timeout.

Once I enabled this option it now stays connected and doesn't leak when my phone is locked and sleep. I unlock my phone and it closes network while it reconnects by itself.

I've just started using airvpn on my iphone 6 (openvpn connect app) and notice that i have always have to reconnect manually to openvpn when phone is restarted. Is this normal? And why doesn't the vpn switch in settings work? If i try to click it, it says i have to enable vpn in the openvpn app! Whats the point of having the switch then? I'm running latest iOS.

I use OpenVPN on IOS 8.1.1 and it'll stay connected for several hours at a time but eventually I get an auth_failed message. I can reconnect no problems but always eventually recieve an auth failure.

Yes once in a while it will lose connection if I am off network for a while I then have to reconnect. About the having to reconnect when you reboot the phone, why are you turning off the iPhone anyway? There is really no advantage to shutting down an iOS device it's not like its a windows machine. Only time my phone gets shut down is after an iOS update.