Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.147.87
Sign in to follow this  
icarus_8353

Trouble setting iptables rules for AirVPN

Hello,

​I've been using your VPN service for a while now and now I want to set iptables rules so that when AirVPN disconnects for any reason all traffic will be dropped and the real IP address will not leak.

​I've looked at this topic: https://airvpn.org/topic/9139-prevent-leaks-with-linux-iptables/

​I'm using the AirVPN client on Linux and my network interface is wlan0. Using these rules I want to connect to Phoenicis.

​The entry IP address for Phoenicis should be: 109.163.230.232

​I am using protocol UDP, port 443 for connecting to the VPN.

​Now here are the iptables rules I've set, I managed to make it so all internet traffic stops when disconnected from the VPN. However I can't reconnect to Phoenicis, no traffic is flowing. What am I doing wrong? Here are the iptables rules:

iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -d 255.255.255.255 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -s 255.255.255.255 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -s *IPv4 address here*/16 -d 192.168.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT   # replace *IPv4 address here with your local IPv4 IP address*
iptables -A OUTPUT -s *IPv4 address here*/16 -d 192.168.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT   # replace *IPv4 address here with your local IPv4 IP address*
iptables -A FORWARD -i wlan0 -o tun0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i tun0 -o wlan0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o tun0 -j MASQUERADE
iptables -A OUTPUT -o wlan0 ! -d 109.163.230.232 -j DROP   # 109.163.230.232 is the entry IP address for Phoenicis

​When I set these rules during connection everything works. However when disconnect and try to reconnect to the VPN again no traffic will flow. Please help, thanks.