Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.180.252

Good Day

is there any map or Graphical  way to see where my connection starts and end    ??

or any thing similar ??

thanks

9yzTU300x300.png                                                                                      visa1.png                  

Internet <------------ AirVPN <------------ ISP <------------ your router <------------ your device --|

What exactly do you want to know? Your connection when viewing a website starts on your device and ends on the web server.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

What exactly do you want to know? Your connection when viewing a website starts on your device and ends on the web server.

I know you are only trying to help, but if you don't know the answer maybe you should let someone else get a word in instead?

There isn't any kind of connection map that I know of. Would it be possible to make something like that?

I guess it depends on whether you can reliably get the location of the site you are connecting to (which seems hard to do). Air tells us the location of their servers, and presumably a user would know their own location, so there is that at least. But a map with just a line from "user" to "Air server" would be pretty boring...

Thanks Guys

No No ,,, that is not what was on my Mind, I was Just Bord I guess

Have any of u guys plaid the old Game "Uplink:Hacker Elite", Oh I use to come home from work and stay on that thing until 1 o'clock in the morning hhhhh

So I was Just thinking if there was any thing Like that LOL

9yzTU300x300.png                                                                                      visa1.png                  

I know you are only trying to help, but if you don't know the answer maybe you should let someone else get a word in instead?

First, I wasn't trying to help as I don't know what he wants to know. Because of that I asked him what exactly it is he wants to know.

Second, I had conversations with him in the past, he is not a complete stranger and I allowed myself to throw in a joke.

Third: I appreciate your commitment in trying to help others, really, it's a great contribution to the community and you do it seriously. Maybe a bit too serious.. no offense. Keep up the good work

(Sent via Tapatalk 4)

First, I wasn't trying to help as I don't know what he wants to know. Because of that I asked him what exactly it is he wants to know.

Second, I had conversations with him in the past, he is not a complete stranger and I allowed myself to throw in a joke.

Third: I appreciate your commitment in trying to help others, really, it's a great contribution to the community and you do it seriously. Maybe a bit too serious.. no offense. Keep up the good work

(Sent via Tapatalk 4)

Its all good my friend  I understood what u ment ..   May be  our friend 

mage1982   is from Deutschland        Now U got to know that thats is a Joke because i am also from deutschland :lol:     But I am On the mellow side   Not Like my wife and her family      :lol:

Ok, I guess that one went over my head there. No offense intended, glad we're still friends.

Ok, I guess that one went over my head there. No offense intended, glad we're still friends.

We fight censorship and restrictions based on geolocation or ISP blocks. If we start fighting each other we're doomed.

Now Sarif, you wrote about a graphical way to show you where a connection starts and where it ends. If I think about it quite thoroughly... you could have meant the output of the traceroute command displayed as a graphical thing. Well, it might be helpful for those who can't do anything with it's output, we could create an app for this

Just Updated my Location   Maybe that will help in the Future  :lol:

an APP will be wonderfull

Just to have the Luxury  to view of what ur Bouncing from   -------->   to  

Try  Wireshark,

that will tell you where you're going to and coming from and all points in between.

Currently I use jnettop via split windows in the terminator terminal.

It won't show you every hop from point A to B. But it does show eth0 -> vpn ip  and tun0 ip -> site/server/dns ect.

For me its helpful when checking firewall setups and network noise. Its also good for dns leak testing as you can see every connection that's made to a site ect.

jnettop is avail @ most repos/apt-get/yum ect. and there's a port for it @ bsd - but I don't know off hand if there's a pkg on bsd.

Terminal one as root

jnettop -n -i eth0

Terminal two as root

jnettop -n -i tun0

In ifconfig if your main device is something other than eth0 just toss in that name or just use jnettop -n  then navigate the device with the 1 - 0 keys on your keyboard.

oh,

-n  =   --no-resolver / disable resolving of ip addresses, less noise imo.

As McLoEa said wireshark can do this -and much more as well. Its an amazing app but its just more than I needed.

Thanks Guys

Both recommendations are great 

will do some reading  and some testing

Many thanks