Not connected, Your IP: 18.116.118.198
tunica

Windows host/ubuntu vm with airvpn

I am considering running the windows host normally and running airvpn just in an ubuntu vm.  I found this but am not sure if it will work as intended inside the virtual machine.  This is on a home network where there are 3 pcs that are connected through an asus router to the internet.  Airvpn is running on just one Windows 7 machine.

https://airvpn.org/topic/11432-using-airvpn-with-ubuntu-network-manager/

Thoughts?

At one point I was running a ubuntu VM on a 7 OS.  That VM was created for and used only while on AIR and it worked just fine.  I don't know what your security needs ultimately are.  Unincluded in your post is any mention of full disk encryption, etc... although that may not be something you are concerned about.  I have since left windows completely and now use exclusively linux where the ubuntu HOST is only used to host, and ALL internet activity happens in multiple VM's and TOR.

Linux or windows (but especially on M$'s OS), I don't like any dirt entering the host.  If you surf on the 7 host while not using Air there are privacy/dirt concerns.  Again, maybe not a concern for some but for me it would be "uncomfortable".  My .02

Thanks. I guess I will just have to give it a try. I am working on security issues bit by bit. Was only wanting to use the vpn in the Ubuntu vm at the moment.

Well that works well and is EASY to do.  Just grab virtualbox and ubuntu and building a linux virtual machine doesn't take too long.  All free stuff and just a little bit of time!!

It  is worth noting virtualbox currently does not support AES-NI which can slow OpenVPN on a fast network connection. VMWare Player does support AES-NI.