Not connected, Your IP: 3.140.185.147
Sign in to follow this  
axa

AirVPN over Tor how to block traffic if VPN disconnects

I successfully set up AirVPN over Tor using the AirVPN client but would like to prevent my true IP from being disclosed should AirVPN drop momentarily or disconnect, when using a non-Tor browser or other programs that route through AirVPN.

After starting Tor Browser Bundle, then AirVPN I verify in the AirVPN control panel that I am connecting to AirVPN from the Tor exit node IP. Following instructions from other posts I open an elevated CMD window and type "route delete 0.0.0.0 [original non-VPN gateway]

After removing the original non-VPN gateway entry from the routing table I lose all internet connection, both Tor and otherwise. What am I missing? I like using AirVPN over Tor but need a way to halt all traffic if the VPN drops.

Anyone have a suggestion to fix? Has to be a way to take care of this from the command window. I sure wish AirVPN would follow the lead of PIA and incorporate a kill switch in the client.