Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.203.68
Sign in to follow this  
SumRndmDude

Air connection at home and abroad

I want to start with a bit of praise for this service. Absolutely brilliant. Price, convenience, and the focus on security first is top-notch.

That aside, I am curious if anyone has managed to configure a setup similar to the one I'm going to list. I currently have my Air connection running in DD-WRT as an OpenVPN client so that everything on that router (wired and wireless) is protected. That router, we'll call B for simplicity's sake, is behind router A, also running DD-WRT. Router A is connected to my ISP and is for those times when I need/want a direct connection to the internet. While this setup works brilliantly at home, when I'm out and about, I want to be able to connect back to my home network via VPN using my laptop or mobile. I have tried and tried to run both the server and client for OpenVPN on router B at the same time, but while I can access my network, it will not redirect my traffic back through the Air tunnel. My second plan was to run an OpenVPN server at home (linux) and bridge the connections (TAP-TUN). More or less the same result.

So, does anyone have a setup similar to this that allows access to the home LAN AND redirects all traffic back through the Air tunnel? Or is this even possible?

ISP > Router A (DD-WRT) > Router B (DD-WRT & AirVPN connection) > Home Network.