Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.110.162
Sign in to follow this  
viper2g1

Running AirVPN on a Ubuntu server but excluding applications from the VPN

Is it as simple as selecting the ports that my applications use and forwarding them in AirVPN?  I have No-IP setup on my server and it's set to forward to a website that I chose (example.zapto.org).  No-IP has the IP set from my ISP.

If I setup AirVPN with OpenVPN on the Ubuntu Server and forwarded the correct ports could No-IP still see my computer and allow access to the applications even if the IP changes from AirVPN? 

You have to decide whether you want AirVPN or your real internet connection to be the default gateway.

Your No-IP client will connect via the default gateway unless you make routing table entries to direct that traffic over a non-default interface.So that will be the address that they register for you.

For pointers on splitting traffic with Linux see this:

https://airvpn.org/topic/27598-traffic-split-on-debian-7/?do=findComment&comment=73700 (if AirVPN is the default gateway but you want connections to services on your real interface to work)

and this:

https://airvpn.org/topic/27598-traffic-split-on-debian-7/?p=73698 (if your real interface is the default gateway but you want some programs to use the AirVPN interface).