Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.46.36
Sign in to follow this  
Hide

Network Lock issue - Lock is dropped by closing Eddie

Hi,

I am using AirVPN for a long time nowand have an issue I havent been able to fix as far as I am now. Network lock is dropped as soon as I close Eddie

It is on an updated Windows 10 machine running Eddie 2.14.5. It is always connected to AirVPN only when restarting I need to start Eddie again. I always have network lock on so whenever I forget to start Eddie I just didn't have connection and noticed it by that. I don't know exactly when this issue started, I just noticed it recently. I updated Eddie to 2.14.5 recently so it might have started by then.

As the title says the Network Lock is not working as soon as I close Eddie. It works just fine with Eddie running when disconnecting from a server, I can't reach anything but as soon as I close Eddie the line goes full open again. The same goes for a restart (the same for powering off and later starting again for that matter). I can't find anything in the settings on how to change this and would appreciate if someone could point me towards a solution.

Hide

Eddie has to be open for it to work. If it works anything like it does on the Mac, when the network lock is enabled, it adds rules to the built-in firewall that prevent traffic in or out. When you turn it off, Eddie resets the firewall back to normal. When you close Eddie, Eddie closes down everything, including the network lock.

So I actually had a bug that eddy didn't reset the firewall which I used as feature. Who knew that? It kinda sucks that it is fixed now as I liked the machine being closed off unless Eddie was running. Ohw well.

I think it changed a while back with Eddie 2.13, maybe when Windows Filtering Platform from Firewall. I do wonder why the "system lockdown" that you want is not an option, would reuse much existing code. Should be able to remove when Eddie running without Air authentication or internet access for some scenarios.

It does not seem as common now, but W10 Home updates sometimes reboot the system during what it declares as "quiet time". So no vpn for hours at night or while at workplace ?

I think it changed a while back with Eddie 2.13, maybe when Windows Filtering Platform from Firewall. I do wonder why the "system lockdown" that you want is not an option, would reuse much existing code. Should be able to remove when Eddie running without Air authentication or internet access for some scenarios.

It does not seem as common now, but W10 Home updates sometimes reboot the system during what it declares as "quiet time". So no vpn for hours at night or while at workplace ?

That is exactly my point. I do not like it to be open after a reboot caused by an update. Would be awesome if in a next update we could chose to actually keep it on or turn it off when Eddie closes.

if in a next update we could chose to actually keep it on or turn it off when Eddie closes.

Hey Clodo ... ClOdO ... CLODO

Now you have got on top of 2.14 and IPv6 seems good except for odd Linux deviant diversity perhaps on the task todo list ?

Easier than escape from M$WinC#Mono prison island for Eddie 3 reincarnation.

Regards.

Edit:

I should have checked ! (He says again )

I do not use the Preferences/General/Start* options, because I do my own choice from a server whitelist, and had sorta forgotten about them. This would handle the unaware reboot situation ?