• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iargue

iargue

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:47 AM

So I have researched on how to perform split VPN for torrenting, but everything I can find is 2014 or so using openvpn, nothing about using the latest version of Eddie.

I looked through the eddie settings, and there is an option for routes. I told it to put everything outside of the tunnel, and then binded qBittorent to the interface. In theory, only traffic from qBittorent should go through the tunnel, but instead it won't allow qbittorrent to send any data through the tunnel. What's the best practice/recommended way to ensure torrent traffic goes through the tunnel but nothing else does.

How can I also disable the DNS features of eddie? I use cisco anyconnect for work, and when both are enabled, eddie stops letting me use the internet and I have to disconnect from airvpn just to be able to use any DNS at all.

And finally, I have 1000/1000 fiber internet, and should get 950ish mbits, however when connecting through eddit, it reports Canada as the best speed (even though I live in florida) and I only get 150ish mbits regardless of where I choose, and how much "load" the server is reported as having. Why does it claim Canada is the best, and how to I enable full speeds on the connection? In windows, the vpn interface is listed as only being connected at 100 Mbps.

Thanks for anyone that can help, google hasn't been my friend on this.

#2 corrado

corrado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

For your requirements, I would recommend using AirVPN and qbittorrent in a VM - this is by far the easiest way to achieve what you want to do. If you are using GNU/Linux, I could give you some pointers if you do not want to use a VM. About your bandwidth issues: 950mbits is asking a lot, have a look at the status page to get an idea what other users get. There are many ways to fiddle around to improve performance - have you tried using different ports/protocols for starters?