Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.65.65
Sign in to follow this  
kanzie

Did Steam just blacklist all AirVPN exit points

Ive been a user of AirVPN for a few years now and never had much problems. One reason is because I sometimes work in Germany and here parts of my game library is banned (Wolfenstein).

With the new Wolfenstein version that came out the other day I bought it and activated it in Sweden but then tried to play it from Germany using the VPN to get exit through Sweden. First night it went fine but the second night I cant for the life of me get Steam to allow me to start it no matter which server I use from AirVPNs list. 

Everything else about my account with steam is the same so it seems to me something about the AirVPN CIDRs have been flagged. I also cant find my location using google maps which might be another way they check your location.

Anyone else with this problem

I have no problems connecting to steam with AirVPN, but I can no longer host games because of their move to p2p (or something changed). I think I have to remote port forward with airvpn, but I'm honestly not sure if I'm even able to do that with Steam ports or if it will get me banned.  Airvpn support said that maybe this was not the service for me or something like this, but that's not true.