• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raksiam

raksiam

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

I installed OpenVPN and downloaded the connection info for a variety of locations and installed them per the instructions. I am using a Samsung Chromebook Pro. When I run OpenVPN and choose a location it appears to connect correctly and I see a "success" message with an IP address. However, when I check to see what my IP address is, it is not the one that OpenVPN is showing me, instead it is for the local ISP here where I am traveling (in this case Prague). I can't access a number of website for sports streaming apps because they claim I am outside of the territorial restrictions, which technically I guess I am, but that's the point of using the VPN. I never had an problems on my old Windows laptop. Is this just some weird Chromebook issue?

It seems strange that OpenVPN is showing me success and an IP connection but my traffic doesn't seem to be using it.

#2 gatohaus

gatohaus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

It's been a while since the question was asked, but I'm having the same problem.