Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.170.183
dwhite

Scoring of US Servers No Longer Listed

Eddie no longer seems to show scoring or latency for US servers. This has been missing for at least a couple of weeks now. It makes it difficult to chose fast servers without this information.

Is there a way to get this back?

Eddie Server List.bmp

Trying to revive this topic. I never got a response to my original post and the problem continues.

Without scoring, Eddie can't select an appropriate server to connect to and ends up connecting me to something very slow.

Maybe, the scoring is correct, indicating a problem on your end which slows down OpenVPN as a whole?..

Sent via Tapatalk. Means, I don't have a computer available now.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Thanks for the suggestion. I wouldn't dismiss that possibility. But then why would servers across the rest of the globe have a score?

Unless I blacklist all non-US countries, Eddie will always try and pick an international server for me.

Even if I do blacklist everyone else, Eddie still picks a US server that's nowhere near where I'm located (since all US servers are equally scored at zero stars).

Right now I'm forced to manually select a server that MIGHT be the best for me and "lock it". If I don't lock it, eventually Eddie will switch me to a non-US server.

I've got Eddie installed on 2 different Windows 10 computers and get the very same result on both (no US servers scored).

Then look at the settings of your router. Anything that "filters" things, protects you from "floods" or does "QoS"/"Quality of Service", or even "optimizations", should be checked. You can post here, maybe we can help. Also look out for the buzzword "ICMP", worth a look as well. Maybe you even remember seeing this in a firewall or antivirus program you are using.

Sent via Tapatalk. Means, I don't have a computer available now.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

First of all; thank you very much for sticking with me on this. It's appreciated.

I tried disabling my firewall and antivirus (Kaspersky Total Security version 18) with no change in the result.

My router is provided by Google as part of the Google Fiber service. As you might imagine, it's basically a "toaster" to which they give you VERY limited access to any settings. I did check the settings that were available though and there was nothing hinting at any kind of filtering going on. Plus I have the same issue at work with my laptop which uses a different router (I'm at home now so can't check those router settings).

I'm using the default AirVPN port -- UDP 443. If this might be a filtering problem, should I change it to something else? If so, what? 

Thanks

On W10, you could google to find documentation for the Command Prompt commands "ping" and "tracert" and use them to check against websites located in the US and not-US. They should produce detailed results as documented.

If not, the problem is not in Eddie or AirVPN (v unlikely), but may be as Treiberschreiber is suggesting, or perhaps in the routing from your ISP to the websites. 

I am assuming that the Eddie "Latency" is derived from an Eddie ping variant, usually ICMP Echo, and the default scoring is for Latency, correct if wrong please someone.

I don't expect the UDP443 protocol setting is related. Perhaps your ISP (Google?) has some restriction for "lower order" residential accounts, but if a different ISP at work, then likely somewhere in the *effects* of AV / firewall on your computers, even if "disabled" and restarted.

I've had that issue for a long time using speed as the scoring rule but not with latency as the scoring rule.  I pretty much just ignore speed now, using latency gives stable connections with good speed.   I can connect manually most of the time to US servers in the speed mode but the connections are not very stable. In latency mode, connections are fast and stable.

I use two other VPN's and connecting is smooth, speed fine.