Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.86.172
Sign in to follow this  
concat

Recommended Server

Hello,

I was wondering why the Eddie client does not rate the American servers nearest to me.  Even though the Pennsylvania and Newark servers have lower ping and higher speeds for me, when I click Connect to Recommended Server, it always puts me on a Toronto server, even though when I look at the list there are the other servers I mentioned above them, but without stars.  Can I force the client to include American servers in the search?

Click the servers tab, click American. Hit recommended again. It will connect to the best American server.

In Eddie (beta), servers and countries can be whitelisted, blacklisted and cleared.

• By servers, go to the Servers page and select a server and add it to the whitelist.
  • By countries, go to the Countries tab and toggle whitelist, blacklist or clear.

Previous answers to your question of why includes info about a combination of server speed, load and latency . The "big picture" if you will. There may be some other "recommended" reasons.  

I appreciate the responses.  I guess the question is why is the client trying to force me to use Canadian servers when my experience and performance with their US servers closer to me are better.

My server list looks like this: http://imgur.com/a/6eJAH

As you can see, the American servers have no star rating next to them at all, leading me to believe they are not being considered in the scoring.  Am I wrong in assuming this?  No amount of whitelisting/blacklisting will get US servers a score, though if I only whitelist American servers, I can get it to connect to one, but I don't want to remove all other servers from consideration in case a Toronto server really is better performance at the time.

That's just the default behavior of the client. You have to set things manually if you want it to do something else. Never met anyone in North America that didn't experience the same issue without manual selection of other countries.

I appreciate the responses.  I guess the question is why is the client trying to force me to use Canadian servers when my experience and performance with their US servers closer to me are better.

My server list looks like this: http://imgur.com/a/6eJAH

As you can see, the American servers have no star rating next to them at all, leading me to believe they are not being considered in the scoring.  Am I wrong in assuming this?  No amount of whitelisting/blacklisting will get US servers a score, though if I only whitelist American servers, I can get it to connect to one, but I don't want to remove all other servers from consideration in case a Toronto server really is better performance at the time.

I get the same on certain locations when i set the client to select the scoring rule to be speed. No clue how the system decides what countries are fast and which are not. Maybe it's a bug that gives 0 stars now that i think of it. Will report it in the beta topic so a staff member can tell us if it's a bug or issue.

Toggling Speed and Latency on the Servers tab will reorder the servers and the ratings. Latency setting will move servers to the top of the list that are closer to you, rate them and auto connect to them.

Using Eddie beta here.