Not connected, Your IP: 18.222.148.124
greenclaydog

What countries do you want to see added in 2017?

I'd love to see a second Singapore server in an alternative data centre - or another in the SEA region with similar latency (<60ms) from Australia.

I like to use a round-robin approach (router connection), utilising various VPN endpoints but the current Air situation is that my next best latency (& reliable) option is in California... at ~210ms. Due to the 4x latency difference, it seems more stable to just use the California server as my second tier (backup) - rather than spreading the load widely, but this drops bandwidth back to just single exit node capacity...

Thx,

SS

The Singapore government seems to be promoting SG as the regional hub for communications and financial services and "new industries". Using Antares makes use of some CDNs with nodes in SG. They should welcome more presence from AirVPN etc.

SG is useful for the huge market in India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philipines, New Zealand etc which are not only growing economically but also need some citizen privacy and commercial security by VPN use.

For me it's just more European servers since they perform the best where I live. Preferably more M247 ones.

Early Saturday morning regional time, Antares SG is at 96% with 14 users. Nothing about packet loss.

One problem might be that the SG ISPs have been selling 1Gbps fibre to home users, it is a high tech, compact place.

So potentially a lot of "bandwidth suck" before gateway routers, undersea cable, etc.

As someone on a rural wireless G4 link with a 12Mbps down, 1Mbps up service, I dislike this business of ISPs and VPNs selling unlimited data volume on unlimited bandwidth and encouraging HD streaming video moving wallpaper to amuse the goldfish until a traffic jam of congestion for all.

But a lot of the market seems to want the equivalent of a 5litre turbo V8 BMW even if they only drive down to the shops if it does not cost them extra.

Early Saturday morning regional time, Antares SG is at 96% with 14 users. Nothing about packet loss.

Mid Saturday here... and Antares is down again with high packet loss (according to the Status page). It was 'line problems' yesterday. If there was a comparable fail-over server available this wouldn't really be an issue... but when the next best option is 4x the latency, it really is noticeable!

Thankfully these issues are not actually that common with Antares, so hopefully it comes good soon!

When Antares (Singapore) goes down, which seems to be often, there are no reasonable alternative servers.  Air, please put a disclaimer on your website for potential East Asian customers, because HK servers offer low speeds; servers in Europe or North America are just as deplorable (max 2-3 Mbit/s) - not ideal for file sharing, especially if ratios are a factor.

AirVPN is not present in Africa. They should add servers there (like South Africa or wherever they can do it safely for us)

I think a large percentage of airvpn customers use p2p.  I have no idea where the most prominent bittorrent sites are physically hosted but I suppose servers in those regions would boost download speeds (or am I way off base? )

Also, as I'm sure has been mentioned, South America. 

Costa Rica in particular since the puritans in the united states have decided anyone who gambles ( apart from their state run lottery addicts ) instantly becomes a shambling degenerate.

BTW: complaints if they cant get 100mbps?!?!?!  Good lord, I'm on a 25mbps connection.  I get up 23mbps with the vpn enabled.

I second the motion above: if possible, servers in countries that are not de facto compliant with US tyranny are ideal.  If security and no logging are priorities then this too would be a natural top priority. 

I'm surprised no one mentioned Malaysia. Most of the countries mentioned here have poor records on internet privacy, including: Singapoor, France, and Japan. Brazil would be good but their infractructure is probably not able to support high bandwidth for a reasonable price. I vote for Malaysia and Luxumberg.