• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Mikeyy

Mikeyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

Hi Mikeyy, sorry for the delay. Before your answer I did figure out a restart myself. And that got things going. But my forum message was still not approved, so I couldn't alter it. 

So in the end I managed to download stuff via DS Get via VPN. But all of my webservices were not reachable anymore. I read about that before hand, but thought a bit too optimisticly. After reading up on it, I got scared whether I would be able to have a VPN and run my webservices at the same time. 

I would need passthrough of:

-torrents

-IMAP 

-SMTP

-POP3

-webinterface of synology

To be honest I am afraid that I am not capable enough to make all those things work.

Take a look at 3rd point in my tutorial.

After you do that, you need to forward ports on your router, but if that worked before, I guess you already forwarded your ports.

Then you only need to connect to your REAL IP (IP given by your ISP), not AirVPN IP address and it will work.

#22 faethon

faethon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 10:28 PM

Hi Mikeyy, sorry for the delay. Before your answer I did figure out a restart myself. And that got things going. But my forum message was still not approved, so I couldn't alter it. 

So in the end I managed to download stuff via DS Get via VPN. But all of my webservices were not reachable anymore. I read about that before hand, but thought a bit too optimisticly. After reading up on it, I got scared whether I would be able to have a VPN and run my webservices at the same time. 

I would need passthrough of:

-torrents

-IMAP 

-SMTP

-POP3

-webinterface of synology

To be honest I am afraid that I am not capable enough to make all those things work.

I just started tinkering with VPN on my Synology as well. I have set it up succesfully using the above guide. But I have some connections that need to go around the VPN as well (mainly SSL connections to usenet servers). I have created a passthrough by adding static routes to the routing table in the Synology configuration that explicitly go to the specific usenet server (ranges). This seems to work quite well, but of course is not useful if the IP address of the destination servers do change.

#23 error404html

error404html

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

Hi,

I have followed this guide and tried both a specific netherlands server and netherlands in general but the DSM keeps returning error (in screenshot).

Can someone please help me?attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-09-11 at 15.25.46.png

I am not sure where i can find more detailed logs in the synology so please assist with this if this will help getting it resolved.

Thank you in advance

I had the same error in the begin but when I select direct udp during making the confige files. and imported it again. Then it will connect well. I just wonder if I have to do more steps before I can use Sonarr for example.

#24 steef84

steef84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

But I have some connections that need to go around the VPN as well (mainly SSL connections to usenet servers). I have created a passthrough by adding static routes to the routing table in the Synology configuration that explicitly go to the specific usenet server (ranges). This seems to work quite well, but of course is not useful if the IP address of the destination servers do change.

Can you describe what you did to achieve this. Im in the same boat, and want some connections / services to route outside vpn. Mainly my usenet nzbget client and tvheadend server for example

#25 _sinnerman_

_sinnerman_

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

I'm afraid you have same problem as kiwi in this post.

This is Synology bug and I reported it to them so hopefully they will fix it. Just manualy disconnect and connect again.

Hi, did you ever hear back from Synology? I have this same issue with the latest DSM.

#26 _sinnerman_

_sinnerman_

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:26 PM

This only seems to work for ipv4. I don't see anything in the ipv6 routing table for the VPN. Is ipv6 also possible?

#27 Mikeyy

Mikeyy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:24 AM

I'm afraid you have same problem as kiwi in this post.

This is Synology bug and I reported it to them so hopefully they will fix it. Just manualy disconnect and connect again.

Hi, did you ever hear back from Synology? I have this same issue with the latest DSM.

Yes, they asked for my login info for AirVPN so they can test it. I said no, I can't give you my login info, and all conversation ended there. :)

This only seems to work for ipv4. I don't see anything in the ipv6 routing table for the VPN. Is ipv6 also possible?

Don't know. I have no way of testing it.

#28 _sinnerman_

_sinnerman_

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

Don't know. I have no way of testing it.

I think this config does not affect ipv6 at all -- so just a warning for others: you might have ipv6 traffic leaking around the VPN.

#29 steef84

steef84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

But I have some connections that need to go around the VPN as well (mainly SSL connections to usenet servers). I have created a passthrough by adding static routes to the routing table in the Synology configuration that explicitly go to the specific usenet server (ranges). This seems to work quite well, but of course is not useful if the IP address of the destination servers do change.

Can you describe what you did to achieve this. Im in the same boat, and want some connections / services to route outside vpn. Mainly my usenet nzbget client and tvheadend server for example

Anyone knows howto achieve this?

#30 _sinnerman_

_sinnerman_

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:46 AM

Regarding your reconnection script. This line does not work for me since the latest DSM update:

UPTIME=$(grep $IPADDR /var/log/synolog/synosys.log | awk '{print $2" "$3}'|tail -1)

The synosys.log file no longer exists. I've replaced this line with the following:

UPTIME=$(cat /var/log/messages | grep "$IPADDR" | awk '{print $1}' | tail -1)
UPTIME=$(date -d"$UPTIME" +"%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S")

#31 ekkis

ekkis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:39 AM

I'm unable to perform step (5) Click on the ZIP button in order to download the AIRVPN configuration files as the configuration generator doesn't have a "ZIP" button.  it has a "Generate" button but that does not produce a zip file but a `.ovpn` file and I can't seem to find the rest of the files.  help?

#32 ekkis

ekkis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:44 AM

ah.  never mind.  I needed to make a selection under Advanced Options, which I missed.  all good now!

#33 adfdsfGYYy53

adfdsfGYYy53

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

@foobar666

Thank you for your contributions. 

Your coding is helping to fight for a more bloodless form of revolution than the people of Earth have ever before had at their/our disposal. 

How cool is that? 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Servers online. Online Users: 14675 - BW: 40627 Mbit/sYour IP: 54.158.245.70Guest Access.