Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.218.146
Sign in to follow this  
aitchaitch

How do I port forward.

Hi All,

I have recently joined the Air VPN network so that I can download my favourite shows etc. I am in Australia and need to know how to set up port forwarding.  My IPS is iinet and I use utorrent for downloading. No tech speak please as I have only a very basic understanding of this stuff.

When logged in, go here:

https://airvpn.org/ports/

and click "+ Add Port" button. It will give you a port such as 12345.

Remember this 4-5 digit number. In uTorrent, go to preferences and find where you can choose your port, likely to be under "Connection", "Network" or similar. Replace the port that is there and then untick any boxes such as "Forward this port with UPnP" and "Random port on every startup".

After you have done this, restart uTorrent and it should now be using the port you specified, which is forwarded through AirVPN, giving you better download/upload performance.

I have a question regarding the following statement shown on the airvpn port forwarding page. It states this: "We recommend to configure your firewall to block connections outside the tunnel to these ports and not to forward these ports on your router." How is this achieved in windows? Are there any guides? Is it necessary? Thanks for the help.

i too ask this question and still i cant use this.

i forward the ports yet they never work

when i test them on this site, they allways time out cant connect

will it take the entire year to get this working? then sign up somewhere else?

i too ask this question and still i cant use this.

i forward the ports yet they never work

when i test them on this site, they allways time out cant connect

will it take the entire year to get this working? then sign up somewhere else?

If you are suggesting that the problem is on Air's side, this is clearly not the case.

So this is not something that would be automatically solved after a year or if you change a provider.

You have to check all your firewall settings and make sure the application is actually listening on that

port. Only in that case your port forwarding check will become green.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I have a question regarding the following statement shown on the airvpn port forwarding page. It states this: "We recommend to configure your firewall to block connections outside the tunnel to these ports and not to forward these ports on your router." How is this achieved in windows? Are there any guides? Is it necessary? Thanks for the help.

The section "Set Up for Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" talks about this in this guide:

https://airvpn.org/topic/9549-traffic-splitting-guide-to-setting-up-vpn-only-for-torrenting-on-windows-thanks-to-nadre/

https://airvpn.org/topic/9491-guide-to-setting-up-vpn-just-for-torrenting-on-windows/

You may not want to do exactly what is done there, since the instructions there are part of a larger configuration, but it illustrates how to use Windows Advanced Firewall.

In most cases, this simply means do not forward the ports on your router. In the smallest case you are directly hooked to a connection, you may need to block them in your firewall - if you don't know which, then the case is likely the former.