Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.42.196

I'm looking for ANYTHING (hardware) I can put between a FritzBox Router and my computer + my NAS.

It should be 100% compatible to AirVPN so I can redirect all traffic from my computer and my NAS to the hardware which secures them by the VPN.

Basically like a switch you can by anywhere. I get across Asus router which seems to be compatible behind a router. However I read here on the f orum that people had to flash this asus router with tomato firmware and so I lost my interest.

I don't want to flash anything or build something together. I want a solution out of the box where I upload my config generated on AirVPN and which tunnels my traffic from multiple LAN devices.

Is there any hardware doing this?!

There are solutions like that, but you will still have to configure any device to work with AirVPN (OpenVPN).

I am not sure why you prefer to order a specialized harware that probably exceeds your needs, but ok, here you go:

Personally recommended option #1:

https://www.pfsense.org/hardware/

Other options:

http://www.flashrouters.com/routers

http://www.dd-routers.com

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/12086/5-best-dd-wrt-routers-vpn

In any case, flashing a router on your own is a very easy and quick proccess, and it will also be a cheaper option.

There are many tutorials on how to flash a compatible firmware.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Pfsense is not an option as there is no reseller in EU. Same goes for flashrouters, I would need an EU based reseller.

Flashing a router is not that easy as there is no guide. For example on Asus routers you would have to deal with the asus firmware restoration software which isn't even available for all routers. And then you have to decide which firmware you take. The orignal tomato project is discontinued. Then there are plenty of mods. I have no idea which mod works with AirVPN.

I'm not in the mood nor I've got the knowledge to hassle around for many hours to MAYBE have my problem solved. That's why I'm looking for an out of the box solution. That guarantees me it works and where a non-technican and non-linux-lover can set it up.

Such a thing does not exist. There were some kickstarter projects who were trying to create a config-less TOR device. One of them was a fraud.

If you want freedom, you have to invest time in freeing yourself. This includes flashing replacement softwares on your devices: Tomato/OpenWRT, CyanogenMod, Freetz, etc.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Cyanogenmod tutorials exist, that's easy. I'm not interested in TOR. I'm just looking for a guaranteed hardware solution and yes,  such a thing exist. Like in  US they sell tomato flashed routers for example. So what about  Europe?

I don't know where you got that information, but it is very innacurate and probably outdated if was ever true.

There are absolutely no 3d party tools you need to flash a firmware on *supported* list of routers, except from a browser.

Which firmware to choose is up to you, OpenWRT, DD-WRT, Tomato, they are all flashed in the same way.

The preference is just a matter of choice, with DD-WRT probably the most user-friendly and documented of them all.

Tomato is far from being discountinued, please look at the mods list. Go for the Shibby to be on the safest side, rel. June 13.

Can you spare a few minutes and just read the introduction, of let's say DD-WRT?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

I am sure it will take you less time than finding an EU reseller of a "dream router" with everything you want out of the box.

If you still insist, ask @giganerd about EU stores, last time I've been in Germany they used to sell some routers with DD-WRT

pre-flashed in Media-Markt. IIRC it was Buffalo.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Buffalo have some devices with ddwrt pre flashed but better buy asus or netgear and Flash ddwrt or merlin

@zhang: https://www.youtube .com/watch?v=yvmAJn1UIME here it shows how to flash an asus router. You need the asus firmware flash tool which is not available for every router they offer. As for Linksys router it seems they can be easily flashed by the WebGUI firmware update. Netgear routers however require two flashes (initial + custom fw). And for tomato the last release is 7 YEARS old: http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato the Shibby mod is a mod I was talking about. Since the original tomato has been discountined plenty of those mods are ailalable.

If you have zero experience about this like me, there is way too less information about AirVPN compatiblity. For example the asus router itself already supports OpenVPN. So in this case I would ask myself why the hell s hould I flash tomato when openvpn is supported? But as I know of Synology NAS, openvpn isn't openvpn. Even on Synology NAS openvpn you have to deal with linux putty commands and search on the forum for an outdated tutorial on openvpn and then read all the comments to find a working solution after hours and hours.

And not everyone is having fun with that. All I want is a 100% AirVPN compatible solution for my problem from people that, unlike me, have the knowledge to tell me which solution DEFINITELY works (and not just guessed). As there are plenty of tomato mods who says all of them works with Airvpn?! And how should I, with no knowledge, know which one does?

You seem to have way too much knowledge for someone inexpeirienced.

There is no such thing as "Asus router supports AirVPN". There are only 3 basics:

The router, the firmware, the optware (OpenVPN). The VPN provider doesn't matter.

All routers that support firmwares with OpenVPN will support AirVPN.

There is no such thing as _insert-router-name_ supports OpenVPN or not.

If it supports Open/DD/Tomato WRT, it will almost definitely support OpenVPN (except some cheap 16mb ones).

Then you have perfect tutorials here in the How-To sections.

And, it doesn't make any difference when the original developer of Tomato decided to leave the project. This is the

beauty of open source. The original Tomato was only for MIPS series of Broadcom with Kernel 2.4. But you don't

want to use those routers anymore, 7 "internet years" is like 70 human ones. I am talking about the original WRT54GL.

You dont Need asus Flash Tool i flashed ac68u over Browser

Or just buy Buffalo with ddwrt pre flashed but asus or netgear are better