Not connected, Your IP: 52.14.130.13

Hi, I'm sorry.. been awhile since I used AirVPN, the forums, and been maybe 6 months since I last had a subscription here.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit. I have a D-LINK DIR-825 router. I have uTorrent.

I have a 105Mbps connection, so hopefully there's a way to protect myself with AirVPN for torrents only? I'd not want to screw with my sweet speed for other stuff like my web browsing or Newsgroups.

I only download TV shows, but still I got some stupid notice in Email from Comcast.. 3 times within the past few weeks. Damnit.

I only downloaded the show from torrent because I couldn't find it on Newsgroup. Oh well, lesson learned. I need to protect myself now and get a longer subscription to AirVPN.

Maybe I should try to get DDWRT on my router? I don't think the DIR-825 supports VPN out of the box.

EDIT: I think I'd want to stay away from that option. Don't want to brick my router or lose features.

Maybe I should try to get DDWRT on my router? I don't think the DIR-825 supports VPN out of the box.

A bad idea if you have a 100 Mbps connection. You wouldn't be able to reach full speed when connecting your router to AirVPN. It's the router's CPU that isn't powerful enough to handle these speeds.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hi, I'm sorry.. been awhile since I used AirVPN, the forums, and been maybe 6 months since I last had a subscription here.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit. I have a D-LINK DIR-825 router. I have uTorrent.

I have a 105Mbps connection, so hopefully there's a way to protect myself with AirVPN for torrents only? I'd not want to screw with my sweet speed for other stuff like my web browsing or Newsgroups.

I only download TV shows, but still I got some stupid notice in Email from Comcast.. 3 times within the past few weeks. Damnit.

I only downloaded the show from torrent because I couldn't find it on Newsgroup. Oh well, lesson learned. I need to protect myself now and get a longer subscription to AirVPN.

Have a look at this:

/topic/9549-traffic-splitting-guide-to-setting-up-vpn-only-for-torrenting-on-windows-thanks-to-nadre/

/topic/9491-guide-to-setting-up-vpn-just-for-torrenting-on-windows/

UPDATE:

I realized later that you asked the same question a while back. For the benefit of anyone else reading this:

/topic/9900-only-want-to-use-for-torrents/

There are a couple of less complex options there. But they will not let you (for example) play a game via your real IP while downloading or seeding torrents via the VPN. But the set up in the guide will. It does however take some effort to read the guide and learn a bit of stuff, as you pointed out before.

I did ask the question awhile back, but abandoned them and now came back. This time I'll try and follow through. If TV shows offered a download of every week's episode I wouldn't mind. I'm just not going to subscribe to a network because of one show. I don't watch anything else on that network.

Yeah, I am considering a new router, but only because my cell phone supports wireless AC. But AC isn't going to get me any more range. I might just stick with this router and buy an extender. I can reach outside as it is now, but I'd like an extra 10 or 15 feet while I walk the dog, or maybe I'll put a hammock out there to lay on.

But anyway, is a factor in downloading through VPN than maybe I will consider a new one. I do get my 105Mbps advertised speed I must say. I can download an 800MB TV show in about 10 seconds.

I can download an 800MB TV show in about 10 seconds.

In envy your speeds. I want them, too!

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.