Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.199.243
Sign in to follow this  
jabajools

Russian exit point?

In Russia there exists a so called SORM / SORM 2 program. Each internet provider has to establish some spying equipment provided with Federal Security Service. Without doing that provider can have problems with FSS. I'm not sure a Russian VPN server would be a good idea in such situation. But, as AirVPN claims to keep no logs and it changes your IP, it shouldn't be a problem. Just telling you of SORM / SORM 2.

Source: many years in Russia.

According to local news reports, the head of the Federal Security Service (FSB) has initiated a process which will see the introduction of laws that will not allow the decryption of Tor and other anonymous networks, but will ban them completely from the Russian controlled Internet.

Should Authorities Decrypt VPNs and Tor – or Ban Them Altogether?

http://torrentfreak.com/should-authorities-decrypt-vpns-and-tor-or-ban-them-altogether-130817/

Hi Timofei,

If you look closely, every government has such laws, the most invasive is UK and their Tempora program of the GCHQ,

second one is US which forces the NSA and FCC plant backdoors in hardware and software, third one is probably China,

and of course Russia would have something similar too.

It is very naive to believe in "free speech and 100% anonymity) when most of todays communications are done via the internet, IMO.

However, most of us probably use VPNs for P2P, more tracking-less browsing and instant messaging, and nothing illegal that governments would have be interested in,

and in that case (DMCA, RIAA) I would really like to see a Russian server in AirVPN. 

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I have been asking for this forever. AirVPN always opens up servers only in Five Eyes countries. Yes Russia spies but if you aren't from Russia it's better to exit through a Russian server.

That's a good idea!

The law of blocking TOR in .ru is still on the same stage as in 2013. Surely open 2-3 servers. But you should know in advance, that servers could be closed and traffic monitored without any official letter.