Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.42.232
WcoRaaky

NSA Surveillance and PRISM

The US government is attempting to create a worldwide police state using ubiquitous surveillance. Using a logless VPN with Bitcoin is the first line of defense against this evil plan.

Bitmessage is the second way. Never use e-mail if you value your privacy since it's the most insecure method of communication ever devised.

If you want to try Bitmessage out, you can drop me a line at BM-Gu2feJM6JuSXYKeQqPMeeoKm24mAdNok (my semi-public address)

When I first started reading this topic, I thought "Great, an excellent idea and people on this forum probably will have a lot to offer"   Then my second thought was "Of course this forum is also being copied on the NSA computers, do I really want to see a discussion of VPNs, encryption schemes, etc."

Meanwhile, here is some interesting reading:  In the event that the direct links violate AirVPN's rules, searching on author and title should get you there.

By Bruce Schneier, "The Internet is a Surveillance State":  www.schneier.com/essay-418.html    

By Bruce Schneier, "What We Don't Know About Spying on Citizens: Scarier Than What We Know": www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/06/what-we-dont-know-about-spying-on-citizens-scarier-than-what-we-know/276607/

By Nicholas Weaver at Wired.com, "Hear Ye, Future Deep Throats: This is How to Leak to the Press": www.wired.com/opinion/2013/05/listen-up-future-deep-throats-this-is-how-to-leak-to-the-press-today/

BitMessage looks interesting for sure.

Some other programs that come to mind to protect your privacy are:

Jitsi

Silent Circle

RedPhone

TextSecure

Remember, privacy and security are inter-related and to be effective, they have to be multi layered.