Sebra02 0 Posted ... Hello, I am trying to set up a Jellyfin server for remote access through the VPN to be available outside my local network. Jellyfin is reachable from the Internet through my normal public IP and router port forwarding (tested from my phone using mobile network). With Eddie running and AirVPN connected, the forwarded connection times out. pktmon shows the incoming TCP SYN reaching the VPN interface at 10.184.203.83:8096, but no SYN-ACK is returned. Jellyfin is listening on 0.0.0.0:8096, and Windows Firewall has an inbound TCP/8096 allow rule. I have a Plex media server and qBittorrent running correctly with forwarded ports through AirVPN, but the Jellyfin port is never open and always times out. I set up Jellyfin the same way I did for Plex and qBittorrent, with the applications and the Eddie client running on the same machine, and everything goes through the VPN with network lock. Plex has the 32400 local port, and a randomly assigned external port from AirVPN, it shows as open, and I can access Plex outside of my local network. Jellyfin however, does not work through the VPN despite the same port forwarding set up (8096 local port, random external port). Jellyfin settings match with AirVPN settings, the local port is 8096, and the "public HTTP port number" setting in Jellyfin is set to the same external port in my client area. Any suggestions? Thank you so much in advance Share this post Link to post
Sebra02 0 Posted ... I solved the issue. It was Windows Firewall blocking Jellyfin for Public networks, and the Eddie VPN connection is set to Public. The port is now open and I can connect to Jellyfin using Air DDNS outside of my local network. Nevermind, that was a simple fix Share this post Link to post