Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.204.233
Sign in to follow this  
ganooooo

Problem connecting to servers (...failed because of invalid VPN secrets.)

Hello, today I've been experiencing an error when connecting to servers. I've connected/disconnected/restarted network-manager. Here are my notes:

Restart computer

Cygni connect after restart OK

disconnect from Cygni

Connect to Leonis failed

Connect to Serpentis failed

Connect to Cygni OK

Restart network-manager

Connect to Leonis failed

Connect to Cygni OK

Disconnect from Cygni

Connect to Cygni OK

Disconnect from Cygni

Connect to Cygni OK

Disconnect from Cygni

Connect to Crucis failed

Connect to Serpentis failed

Connect to Virginis failed

Connect to Leonis failed

Restart network-manager

Connect to Serpentis OK

Disconnect from Serpentis

Connect to Serpentis OK

Disconnect from Serpentis

Connect to Cygni failed

It seems only certain servers work after restart and after I disconnect only that one works, I can't connect to any other server unless I restart network-manager.

Are there any fixes to this? What is causing this? I read somewhere that it could be gnome-keyring.

I'm running Debian Wheezy 6.0 32bit kernel 3.2.0-4. I'm not very familiar with VPN's on Linux, maybe I could try another client to connect? I tried gOpenVPN and it gave me an error - I think the config files weren't to it's liking. Sorry for all the questions just trying to sort this out. Thanks,

Alright, I think I've figured out the problem. The AirVPN server's are thinking you are signing into two VPN severs so it doesn't allow you to connect.

My fix is to restart network manager

sudo /etc/initi.d/network-manager restart

and then wait about 30 seconds and try to connect to another server. If anybody else gets this problem that may fix it.

Hello,

I can confirm I am having the same ´invalid vpn secrets´ problem.

Initial connection through nm after booting Ubuntu 12.04 to a AirVPN server is fine. But when I change to another server, I get this ´invalid vpn secrets´ message from nm.

Connecting and reconnecting to another server from the cli, with;

sudo openvpn some.ovpn

works just fine though.

So I think I can narrow down the problem to the network-manager.

What I notice is when I am disconnecting a connection from the cli, it nicely sends a ´exit notification to peer´ and then closes down.

From what I see in the config files of a VPN connection (in /etc/Networkmanager/system-connections) there is no explicit-exit-notify specified, like specified in the ovpn files.

I think nm just closes the connection without notifying the AirVPN server.

So when you try to connect to another server through nm, AirVPN thinks there is still a connection active on another server.

And since you´re only allowed 1 connection at a time, the other server refuses the connection.

Hope you can resolve this.

I can start a connection on the cli. But I´d like to have a visual clue that I´m connected like nm does with its little lock on the connection icon.

Grz.