Not connected, Your IP: 18.190.207.144
Sign in to follow this  
jessez

iptables help with using multiple server Ips - take2 since attempt #1 timed itself out.

Hi all,

I hope everybody had a great Christmas (or your preferred holiday) and Happy New Year to the admins and fellow AirVPN customers!

Well it's my turn to ask for some help again. I recently built myself a linux box and am running Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.3 (RHEL 6.3 clone sort-of). I have retired my old MacBook, but it still works and I will be ready willing and able to assist people with firewalling problems on the macs.

Be that as it may, I have spent a couple of days trying yet again to learn iptables (the ugly beast of a firewall if there ever was one...lol.)

I used the info from here: https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=1713&limit=6&limitstart=30&Itemid=142#2010, to start with and do have a working firewall at this point as long as I am connected to the first server IP address listed in the rule for such things and comedically refered to as a.b.c.d, since no-one wants google handing out the server IPs to all and sundry.

Ok, so my problem is that the rule can't be duplicated with an ip of a different server and allow a tun connection to the server. The log comes up with another very not helpful error message about IPv4 can't write error 1 this time (If anyone has ever found somewhere that all the IPv4 can't write error messages are documented, please jump in and let us know! Please and Thank you!)

I have tried working some variations of whitelisting and blacklisting the server IPs with no success. Does anyone have any ideas, perhaps some kind of list/table like in PF or something??? ( I haven't been able to find any documentation on doing multiple IP lists so far).

I'll add my iptables script that I created here for reference. It not overly well documented at this point as end of line # documentation doesn't seem to work with IPtables scripts. I'll fix that up when it's working properly.

AirVPN-IPtables-setup-script.txt