Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.98.178
andor-the-great

Clarify it - General Topic for clarifying things

Hello 

This topic is opened and hopefully left open if the administrator who knows better this site will allow it. 

Here I want to create a topic - where we can clarify things - terminologies ( dns, subnet mask, DHCP, WireGuard and OpenVPN technology etc. ) - also other questions regarding AirVPN as this specific forum is dedicated to it.

Credentials

There is a question regarding credentials of AirVPN 

I noticed that there are an another password and username of AirVPN. I do not know that this is accidently saved or everywhere I need to use this password what I only want to through VPN or TOR and safe devices.

These credentials are like ( jkjkakjsasfoi pw: kjklksfssomething341jk ) random characters and I want them to use to log in on my mobile so I do not need to use this pw on that mobile phone. It seems safe but this device is better. 

When I download Eddie app - official AirVPN connection - on android it is asking passwords but I do not want. Anyone know where can I find may this credentials? and renew it ? Thank you. 

Workaround: I found a solution for it through WireGuard official android app. Through out that I can generate here a QR code and I can setup different country/server connections. This is how you do not need to use may compromised device your password. Hopefully it helps. 
Also I do not know how to use  Public Key from Client Are / Devices - Details. 

Suggestion: I think it would be great if there will be a section of menupoint where you can create for the device a Username(random character up to 8-16 - as math allows) and there will be a password generator for it. Anytime you want you can renew it so it is morelike a once-use-for-a-while to use AirVPN service. With this you can enter Eddie Application and use this software. If there is somewhere this option please help to find.

If the moderators allow it, please use this naming-style convention. ONE TITLE HEADING AS A KEYWORD as above to make it easier to find things.

A single thread in a forum is a poor medium for what you're trying to start. With time the questions will pile up, as will the answers, and at some point no one knows which answer pertains to which question. It's visible in the version announcements on the Announcement forum, especially with the betas: People randomly post questions and answers, and it's even more difficult to get an answer to something because the original question is never referred to five answers later.

7 hours ago, andor-the-great said:

If the moderators allow it, please use this naming-style convention. ONE TITLE HEADING AS A KEYWORD as above to make it easier to find things.

Alternative proposition: Group relevant questions together into one thread and use tags. The board's search engine does not filter by your proposed heading, but it can filter by title and tags.
---
Now, on to your questions.

I noticed that there are an another password and username of AirVPN. I do not know that this is accidently saved or everywhere I need to use this password what I only want to through VPN or TOR and safe devices.

There is only one user/pass combo used to log into AirVPN and software (Eddie and the suite). Authentication to the servers is provided by certificates, and the only other thing you may have which is rather cryptic is the API key for the AirVPN API. I am not sure where you found the user/pass combo you describe.

on android it is asking passwords but I do not want

Well, you have to, kind of. It is possible to use the Eddie softwares without logging in, by using their capabilities to import other OpenVPN profiles, but this is rather.. roundabout, don't you think? Just use different apps if you don't want to login.

Workaround: I found a solution for it through WireGuard official android app. Through out that I can generate here a QR code and I can setup different country/server connections. This is how you do not need to use may compromised device your password. Hopefully it helps. 
Also I do not know how to use  Public Key from Client Are / Devices - Details. 

Kinda obvious, isn't it? Logging into any server requires your VPN client to present to the server some form of authentication. If it's not done via login to AirVPN, you will need the key pair from the certs – which you get by generating a config. In this config the public key will be there, too, so don't worry about it.

Suggestion: I think it would be great if there will be a section of menupoint where you can create for the device a Username(random character up to 8-16 - as math allows) and there will be a password generator for it. Anytime you want you can renew it so it is morelike a once-use-for-a-while to use AirVPN service. With this you can enter Eddie Application and use this software. If there is somewhere this option please help to find.

There is no such option, and will not come that fast. The functionality of the whole AirVPN infrastructure hinges on having a forums account which requires, for example, an email address for registering (even if it doesn't need to be working). The account also needs to have premium days.
What you can do using the AirVPN API is device management: Create new keys, renew existing ones, delete old ones. Though it is not implemented in any AirVPN client. Actually, in any software I know.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.