Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.101.36
Sign in to follow this  
mowax

How do you forward a port?

Hi guys, I have 2 ports that I have opened up in the settings on the site and disabled them on my router as suggested, they don't appear to be open to "said" device....how do you open them up?

Add:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p tcp --dport 12345 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.10
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i tun11 -p udp --dport 12345 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.10

to your firewall script.

first line is for TCP, second is for UDP. 12345 is the port number (obviously) and 192.168.1.10 is the internal IP of the machine to forward to (again, obviously)

If you're using VPN Client 2 instead of VPN Client 1 use tun12 instead of tun11.

I'm assuming you're using Tomato (I recognize your name from a different forum where we've had a conversation about VPN providers)

ah hello man, thanks, and yeah wasn't me....ha!

Thanks mate all sorted, the 2 pieces of equipment were a suresignal (Vodafone) and my "Jtag" so not have them using my normal ISP and the rest of the kit going out on the VPN, I was just interested to know that "air-vpn" claim to have ports forwarded with there neat little tool, just couldn't get it to work for me.

I don't mind the jtag/vodafone having and using the normal ISP, you have to have the suresignal using your location in case you made a 911 call or so, and as for the jtag then cool it can use my normal ISP IP address as well.

Thanks