Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.17.140
District4829

Network Lock Page suggestions

Hello, I noticed one thing and have one suggestion.

https://eddie.website/support/network-lock/
Is this a typo ("Leak")?
> You can't enable Network Lock and have at the same time the option Not specified routes go to Outside the VPN tunnel, because it would mean that Network Leak needs to be bypassed on every unknown range.

Also, it would help to drop a reference at the very top that the Network Lock icon is *only* visible when you're disconnected...it's obvious if you see it the first time around, but I glossed over it, and it took me about half an hour to run across a forum post saying this, as I couldn't find any screenshots of where it was supposed to appear.

Thanks,

On 7/18/2024 at 5:22 AM, District4829 said:

Is this a typo ("Leak")?

Network Leak™ – supercharge your internet experience with this super food! 💹
  • A Network Leak a day keeps the spying away! 🕶️
  • Download now and let Network Leak cleanse your lungs so that you may breathe the real internet even more freely! 🌤️
On 7/18/2024 at 5:22 AM, District4829 said:

Also, it would help to drop a reference at the very top that the Network Lock icon is *only* visible when you're disconnected...it's obvious if you see it the first time around, but I glossed over it, and it took me about half an hour to run across a forum post saying this, as I couldn't find any screenshots of where it was supposed to appear.

I'm not sure what you mean here. If NetLock is engaged, the lock in the top right is locked, accompanied by a "Network locked". That lock is visible in all cases.
Directly in the mid of the very first screen you also see a button to Enable or Disable Network Lock accompanied by a big red or green circle.
Can you elaborate what it is you reference here?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

44 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Network Leak™ – supercharge your internet experience with this super food! 💹
  • A Network Leak a day keeps the spying away! 🕶️
  • Download now and let Network Leak cleanse your lungs so that you may breathe the real internet even more freely! 🌤️
LOL. So was it supposed to read Network Lock, not Network Leak? That's what I assume.
45 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:
I'm not sure what you mean here. If NetLock is engaged, the lock in the top right is locked, accompanied by a "Network locked". That lock is visible in all cases.
Directly in the mid of the very first screen you also see a button to Enable or Disable Network Lock accompanied by a big red or green circle.
Can you elaborate what it is you reference here?

So the button *to actually turn it on* only shows when you're disconnected; I did see the little green unlocked icon in the top right when I was connected, and kept trying to find the button to make it lock!  Turns out I had to disconnect before I could do that, at which point it's obvious.  From the second paragraph in the link for network lock instructions, with instructions on how to enable the lock, it's not stated that you can only enable it when disconnected.  That's what I think should be added, e.g.

You can activate Network Lock by clicking the button pertaining to "Network Lock" in the "Overview" window, while disconnected from a server.
Once connected to a server, a small padlock icon on the top right corner will tell you anytime the status of Network Lock (locked or unlocked).  Network lock cannot be turn on or off while the client is connected to a server: you must disconnect, turn it on or off, and then reconnect. Warning: if, after you have activated Network Lock, you modify the firewall rules, the client will not detect that.

2 hours ago, District4829 said:

So the button *to actually turn it on* only shows when you're disconnected; I did see the little green unlocked icon in the top right when I was connected, and kept trying to find the button to make it lock!  Turns out I had to disconnect before I could do that, at which point it's obvious.  From the second paragraph in the link for network lock instructions, with instructions on how to enable the lock, it's not stated that you can only enable it when disconnected.  That's what I think should be added, e.g.

Eddie Preferences > Network Lock > Ensure in Session

Does that help?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.