Not connected, Your IP: 18.227.48.30
blank90

ANSWERED AirVPN Disabling DoH in Firefox?

I read:

"We found that some VPNs have configured their network to disable DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH) for
Firefox users via the Mozilla Canary Domain, and because this is a deliberate signal to disable
DoH for Firefox, doing so without reason is considered poor practice. This was the case for

AirVPN, Cryptostorm, Hide.me, IPVanish, Le VPN, StrongVPN, Unspyable, Windscribe, and
ZoogVPN."

Source: https://innovation.consumerreports.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/VPN-White-Paper.pdf

Has this been fixed? Interested in any informed comments about it.

This can be changed per account or per device in client area DNS settings: use-application-dns.net Canary Domain. By default it is set to hint Firefox to not use DoH and rely on system DNS resolution.

I don’t think this is a problem. If you really want to encrypt DNS it’s better to do it on the operating system level than per application. 

Posted ... (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 4:11 AM, blank90 said:

doing so without reason is considered poor practice

Agreed. If there is no reason. See this topic.This whitepaper was discussed already in the past, it seems. Please refer to that discussion and continue there if you deem it necessary. Edited ... by OpenSourcerer

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.