Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.27.64

Hi all,

Recently I've been having speed issues while using AirVPN with qBittorrent. My setup is latest qBittorrent on TrueNAS Scale (Dragonfish) installed with TrueCharts and VPN is configured using Gluetun, port forwarding is working as well. qBittorrent is using default settings except I changed maximum active torrents otherwise my disks can't handle it, for storage I'm using two HDDs in a mirror 14TB each, and I have 64GB of RAM. The server I connect to is Sadachbia, my speeds used to be pretty stable before and wouldn't fluctuate as much as they do now, I've had this issue for the last two to three days. I have an image below to show what I mean. There is also a possibility that the files I'm sharing are not in high demand, since when I grab files that are just released I max out my connection no problem. I have also asked support about this but I'd also like to gather some info from the community as well and do more testing.

tl;dr: My torrenting speeds overall aren't as good/consistent as before and it's bugging me.

Thanks for reading!

Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 16-55-29 TrueNAS - 192.168.8.218.png

Update: I believe I have finally found the fix. I tried troubleshooting everything that was network related but there was in fact nothing wrong with the network, not my ISP nor AirVPN. The problem was with qBittorrent, to be specific the pods. From my experience with some other apps I finally decided to check the app instead, and I found the STATUS of the pod was TaintToleration so I killed it. After killing it I rebooted the system and everything is working perfectly. I hope this helps someone in the future, this has been bugging me for a few months and I've never resolved it till now.

On 5/4/2024 at 9:30 PM, Hypertext1071 said:

Update: Switched to Polis and am now maxing out my connection. Here's to hoping Polis won't go offline again!

I've lost hope for that server. It's been going down way too often this past month. I checked with the staff, and they mentioned it's due to repeated flood attacks on the server. Would be nice if Gluetun had a failover option for the custom VPN config to switch between servers in case one goes down.

4 minutes ago, ScanFarer said:
On 5/5/2024 at 2:30 AM, Hypertext1071 said:

Update: Switched to Polis and am now maxing out my connection. Here's to hoping Polis won't go offline again!

I've lost hope for that server. It's been going down way too often this past month. I checked with the staff, and they mentioned it's due to repeated flood attacks on the server. Would be nice if Gluetun had a failover option for the custom VPN config to switch between servers in case one goes down.
Yea I noticed that happening as well, I wonder why anyone would target that server in specific seems really weird. However, Sadachbia started acting up for me and I still can't get the speeds back but Polis has been working flawlessly at the moment and I hope it stays that way. That would be a nice feature for Gluetun to have, maybe you could suggest it to their GitHub.