Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.88.130
Avsynthe

Best settings for Wireguard speed in Australia?

Posted ... (edited)

Hey all,

Just made the switch to Air today. Like many of you, I jumped ship due to another popular VPN service ceasing support for port forwarding. So far I'm loving what I've seen from the community and the actual real communication from AirVPN themselves, that's awesome to see. In a way I'm glad this happened as I was forced to discover Air.

What I am missing however is the speed. I know the Aussie server was added and swiftly removed due to Australia's oppressive privacy nature, and I completely understand this. I also am grateful a second NZ server was recently added. Having said that, I'm struggling to break past 300mbps out of a 1gbps connection where previously I was cracking around 700mbps. Granted that service did provide 10gbps Australian servers in my city, I'm wondering if anyone else from Australia has tweaked anything with good results like MTU sizes etc, or if perhaps making one of those NZ servers 10gbps is considered or planned at some point.

I hope it's obvious I'm in no way complaining about Air, I really like it, though I feel with NZ being the main line to the Australian client base, those servers should be pretty beefy. As beefy as feasibly possible in fact. Simply more bandwidth would absolutely round out Aussie satisfaction with what is really our 1 of 2 options now. It's really our only option if you care about static port forwarding.

Thoughts? Cheers.

Edited ... by Avsynthe

Posted ... (edited)

I would highly like it if AirVPN upgraded their servers to 10Gbps as quite often the NZ servers are very busy. No wonder why it is hard to get max speeds if they are this busy. I have sometimes seen them like 1800Mbps bandwidth throughput. Don't get me wrong, AirVPN is a good service, I just feel they need more Bandwidth in some locations like NZ because in NZ we have super fast Fibre connection speeds, some households have 1Gbps or more and that can easily use all bandwidth on the VPN server.
image.png.3f4a05c6bbeb7bb2edaa83df607e91a7.png

Edited ... by Andrew109