Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.91.44
Sign in to follow this  
pHxaq

Use cases for AirVPN's split-tunnel by IP

Hello, I recently understood how the split-tunnel works using Eddie for Linux, and I was thinking that a good use case would be to exclude google.com from the tunnel so that I don't get their captchas everytime I need to use it for search (it's not my go-to search engine, but sometimes I have to use it), but then to keep my traffic protected by the VPN when I open the search results.
So, I wanted to ask other users in which scenarios do you use Eddie UI's split tunneling feature. For home banking? e-shopping? Just want to hear some ideas.

Thank you all.

2 hours ago, pHxaq said:

Hello, I recently understood how the split-tunnel works using Eddie for Linux, and I was thinking that a good use case would be to exclude google.com from the tunnel so that I don't get their captchas everytime I need to use it for search (it's not my go-to search engine, but sometimes I have to use it), but then to keep my traffic protected by the VPN when I open the search results.

Hey I wouldn't like to do it, for you set up a correlation between your own and VPN IP addresses. Staff suggested you could directly go to startpage.com so you don't even need traffic splitting and you still have Google search engine with no captchas.