Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.61.142
rjay

ANSWERED Eddie Constantly refreshes Server list - will not stop unless I totally close AirVPN

Posted ... (edited)

The server list constantly refreshes - so when I try to choose a new server or try to open settings, or any dialog box it is almost impossible to do. The server list will never fully repopulate - it then refreshes ad naseum. I have the refresh time set to Never in the advanced settings - makes no difference what I set there - the behavior occurs anyway.

When this happens my connection speed can also drop to under 50MBS to almost 0 no matter what server I am connected to. I have to close AirVPN and Eddie and reopen it, sometimes I have to reboot my pc to get it to stop refreshing temporarily. Running Windows 10 with latest updates as of 11/15//23.  This occurs on ALL versions of Eddie experimental and stable. 

It is to the point I am ready to find another VPN service. I have been using AirVPN for many years - this behavior is a show stopper.  It happened occasionally in the past, but now it occurs everytime I try to connect.

Edited ... by rjay

17 hours ago, rjay said:

It is to the point I am ready to find another VPN service. I have been using AirVPN for many years - this behavior is a show stopper.  It happened occasionally in the past, but now it occurs everytime I try to connect.

This is the very first time this was reported across the forums, so I must express some confusion after your threats. Please try a clean profile first to see if that behavior is config-driven.
It's found in %APPDATA%\Eddie\default.profile on Windows and ~/.config/eddie/default.profile on Linux. Rename this to something.else and launch Eddie, then see if the problem persists.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Not a threat - I cannot work without a reliable VPN. Just stating a fact.  My subscription runs almost another year, and I want it to work.  Sorry, I am an engineer, and am very blunt in my speech. Not a people person at all.

I have done as you suggested and renamed the profile. So far Eddie is working as it should and getting decent response times, and the interface no longer goes crazy when I manually change servers so I am able to perform this task; however the crazy refresh behavior sometimes takes a while to manifest, days even.

I have turned on logging and will let you know how it goes. So far all is nominal, but have only been testing for  a few minutes. May take days for a response.  Also, let me know if you want the copy of the old profile - as long as it does not contain any personal information I have no issues sending it - however it it contains passwords or such I would need to clean it up b4 sending - let me know how.

Thank You for the response, much appreciated. 

On 11/19/2023 at 2:12 PM, rjay said:

Also, let me know if you want the copy of the old profile - as long as it does not contain any personal information I have no issues sending it - however it it contains passwords or such I would need to clean it up b4 sending - let me know how.

The profile is useless, it's either encrypted or at least obfuscated. It's not saved in plain text.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Deleting the profile seems to have fixed the issue. I have not had it again for several days.  Thank You very much!