Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.216.229
senojon

ANSWERED Port Forwarding not working after closing torrent client

Posted ... (edited)

Hello!
I have a Win10 PC, with qBittorrent. I have been able to port forward successfully! However, I find that whenever I close qBittorent, and then open it back up later,  the port is no longer open and says "Connection timed out (110)", so in the client I'm actually unable to download/upload/connect to peers.
I did some research and found the fix for this on these forums (temporarily). Pretty much, I have to open my client, go to the advanced settings, Change it from "Eddie" for the Network Interface to "Any Interface". Then, close the client, open the client back up and then again change from "Any Interface" back to "Eddie", and it works again! I have to do this every time I close my qbit client/turn of PC. I do also confirm that the port on AirVPN's Client Area matches the one in qBitorrent. Then it works again, I'm connected/uploading/downloading and AirVPN's client area confirms that the port is Open. I would just rather not have to go to these steps everytime I close qbit.

Could it be that I need to bind to an IP address/(an option I see in qbittorrent) IP address changing depending on the server that I join that makes this happen?

Now, I'm not super knowledgeable in this area but I'm constantly trying to learn. So I don't know what I don't know.. If there is any additional information needed that I need to share to troubleshoot, please let me know. And thank you in advance for any help and suggestions.

Edited ... by senojon
wanted to add one more detail just to avoid any confusion in steps taken

5 hours ago, senojon said:

Could it be that I need to bind to an IP address/(an option I see in qbittorrent) IP address changing depending on the server that I join that makes this happen?

No, this will need even more work from you as that address changes frequently.

What's the version of qB? Because it does sound like a little bug in qB itself. I've never had this with qB and AirVPN, on any OS, with any client.
OR, something running on your computer interferes with this process, like a firewall or some other security solution. Any antivirus or firewall outside of Windows Defender/Firewall running?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

7 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

No, this will need even more work from you as that address changes frequently.

What's the version of qB? Because it does sound like a little bug in qB itself. I've never had this with qB and AirVPN, on any OS, with any client.
OR, something running on your computer interferes with this process, like a firewall or some other security solution. Any antivirus or firewall outside of Windows Defender/Firewall running?

Gotcha! Thank you for clarifying the IP thing - won't touch that at all.

The version of qB is v4.5.5. There is a newer version of qB available, so I will go ahead and update it and see if that may be the fix and report back if the issue still occurs.

However, I do not have any additional antivirus or firewall outside of Windows Defender/Firewall running or installed on my PC.

If this is helpful.. here are some screenshots from WF and the qB's Connections page and Advance Settings page (i blocked the port # because i'm not sure if that's safe to share publicly? lol but it for sure matches the one AirVPN gave.

Again, I appreciate your time and help. 

1195815401_qBAdvSettingsPage.thumb.PNG.62a43a86a7ea78b4ca16a7b3c37f30f9.PNG1474424648_qBConnectionPage.thumb.PNG.013ba648315e7127370a0099f09f93e1.PNG1897405255_WindowsFW.PNG.1359f9bd8ec051096b0a49b7883d21a7.PNG

Alright.. looks like it was just that version of qB. Apologies for any time I've wasted.
qB.
v4.6.0 seems to keep the port open after closing client / pausing torrents so far after updating. I appreciate the help I received, and hopefully this post will help anyone in the future who may have this same issue with that ver of qB. qB issue and not AirVPN issue.

Thanks again!

You didn't waste anyone's time – in fact, it was quite a pleasure. :)
Enjoy!

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.