Not connected, Your IP: 18.225.98.111

Hello, I know this is very much a newbie question, but I wanted to see if I could get some help in this regard. I've been trying to set up a fowarded port for qbittorrent and have been issues with said port actually being open. To my knowledge, I followed all the instructions. I opened a new port in the client area, copied said port number to the "port for incoming connections" section to my qbittorent client, and I turned off the Upnp/NAT-pnp option as suggested by a few others. But regardless of what I do or what I check it says that my port is closed. I'm totally a newbie to port forwarding in general and I'm rather confused as to what I could be doing wrong. Checking out other guides online along with the one provided by airvpn shows that I followed all the steps provided.

Bind qBittorrent to the tunnel interface. You can do this in the settings: Advanced > Bind to interface. What to select depends on your OS and whether you use OpenVPN or Wireguard.
After that restart qBittorrent to apply.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

8 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Bind qBittorrent to the tunnel interface. You can do this in the settings: Advanced > Bind to interface. What to select depends on your OS and whether you use OpenVPN or Wireguard.
After that restart qBittorrent to apply.

There doesn't seem to be a bind to interface option in the advanced options. Only an "optional IP address to bind to" option. Also how do I know if I'm using OpenVPN or Wireguard?

2 hours ago, melancholycream said:

Only an "optional IP address to bind to" option

Option name is Network interface.

2 hours ago, melancholycream said:

Also how do I know if I'm using OpenVPN or Wireguard?

OpenVPN naming depends on the OS.
On Windows, OpenVPN would either be something like TAP or WinTun in the name. Eddie would create an interface named Eddie WinTun.
On macOS, OpenVPN would be utun0.
On Linux, OpenVPN would be tun0.

Wireguard is wild; the interfaces can have any name. There could be a wg in it, or the name of the config file, or, or, or… it's not easily determinable without knowing the name of the config. You could maybe make a screenshot of what you see when you open the drop-down menu of the option. Make sure you're connected first.

Posted ... (edited)
4 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

Option name is Network interface.

OpenVPN naming depends on the OS.
On Windows, OpenVPN would either be something like TAP or WinTun in the name. Eddie would create an interface named Eddie WinTun.
On macOS, OpenVPN would be utun0.
On Linux, OpenVPN would be tun0.

Wireguard is wild; the interfaces can have any name. There could be a wg in it, or the name of the config file, or, or, or… it's not easily determinable without knowing the name of the config. You could maybe make a screenshot of what you see when you open the drop-down menu of the option. Make sure you're connected first.
Here are my options. I'm on Windows, and I had set the interface to "Eddie" prior to sending in this question. are there any other options that I should have chosen instead? I tried to reset qbittorrent and turn on the vpn but I still get an error that my connection has timed out whenever I check it on canyouseeme or airvpn's "test open" option.

image.png

Edited ... by melancholycream

The image is a 404. Please reupload and then readd it here.

Was the port forwarded to the correct key pair and is that key pair used to connect to AirVPN, or did you leave it at All devices?

12 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

The image is a 404. Please reupload and then readd it here.

Was the port forwarded to the correct key pair and is that key pair used to connect to AirVPN, or did you leave it at All devices?

I'm using the same keys from the forward port in the "port used for incoming connections" section on qbittorrent. The device on the forward port was set to "all devices" and didn't work. Tired it again with the only other option, default, and I still experienced the same issues.
Here's a link to the screenshot I was tying to share.

Well, everything is correct, then… are you running some sort of firewall, maybe bundled with an antivirus software?

On 8/16/2023 at 12:38 AM, OpenSourcerer said:

Well, everything is correct, then… are you running some sort of firewall, maybe bundled with an antivirus software?

I tried giving Eddie permissions to pass through my firewall but ended up getting this error:

https://ibb.co/M9yRFqz

Posted ... (edited)

I am a long time AirVPN + qBittorrent user and my regular qBittorrent setting for use with AirVPN is the "Ethernet" setting.  For the rare occasion I use qBittorrent without a VPN I use the "Any Interface" setting. Also your qBittorrent screenshot doesn't look like mine, I am using the latest version of qBittorrent which is v4.5.4, I have used AirVPN + qBittorrent with port forwarding for years without any serious problems and none at all the last two years.

Edited ... by bluesjunior
grammar

On 8/19/2023 at 1:09 AM, bluesjunior said:

I am a long time AirVPN + qBittorrent user and my regular qBittorrent setting for use with AirVPN is the "Ethernet" setting.  For the rare occasion I use qBittorrent without a VPN I use the "Any Interface" setting. Also your qBittorrent screenshot doesn't look like mine, I am using the latest version of qBittorrent which is v4.5.4, I have used AirVPN + qBittorrent with port forwarding for years without any serious problems and none at all the last two years.

I'm also on version 4.5.4. Tried using the Ethernet connection and I had the same "Connection Timed Out (110)" error. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I'm probably going to just end up using another VPN because I've been having issues with this for days and it doesn't seem like anybody can help me.

try OpenVPN + uTorrent 2.2.1, disable firewall (temporarily).
Port Forwarding Tester:

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/