Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.239.46
zapoteknico

Unifi UDM and AirVPN... It works but...

Hello all... So here it is the big question... 
With the latest update Unifi finally introduced the ability to connect to open VPN from the Unifi devices. 
I havr an UDM (the all in one Dream machine with wireless) and I was able to make it works immediately (you just need the opvn file and username and password)... Then after creating a routing rule, here i was with all the devices i wanted in vpn... However, the big issue was the drop in speed connection with the devices.... Despite having a 500 MB connection, once in VPN noone of the devices were able to go ovet 100 (this includes the UDM and any wited devices too).... 
Does anyone knows why or is experiencing a similar issue? 
I have no idea where to start checking what. 

Thanks 

12 hours ago, Air4141841 said:

Is there a send and receive buffer area?  If so tinker with that 
Or add it to your config file you import 

Hello, thank you. 
There is no such area in the udm settings. Where can I find it and how would I add it in the ovpn file I import? 
Thank you 

Sorry, not very good with the config files

1 hour ago, Air4141841 said:

you can add this to the config file :

rcvbuf 512000;
sndbuf 512000;

Thank you, i will try this as soon as possible 😁

May I ask which username an password you put in? As far as I was aware it was just the ovpn file with keys to authenticate you? Was looking at getting one but didn’t want to ditch air and the inability to use the service has put me off for the moment.

On 7/4/2023 at 11:10 AM, Mytob said:

May I ask which username an password you put in? As far as I was aware it was just the ovpn file with keys to authenticate you? Was looking at getting one but didn’t want to ditch air and the inability to use the service has put me off for the moment.

when you connect with entry point 3.  or tis crypt.    there is no user name and passwords.   the certs you generate yourself authorize the connection. 

Yes that is what I assumed. The UDM demands you put a username and password in along with the ovpn file. Turns out you can put any old nonsense in for both and will connect without an issue :)

On 6/9/2023 at 10:11 AM, Air4141841 said:

you can add this to the config file :

rcvbuf 512000;
sndbuf 512000;

I tried adding this but then the connection doesn't work at all.
Without thosr entries, i was able to connect using the UDM and without experiencing any speed issue... So maybe something changed...
Anyway, the issue i am experiencing niw is that, despite having forwarded the ports, in VPN ports I have are not opened and cannot understand why.
Anyone with an UDM that has been able to successfully forward ports?

Thank you 

Same issue with the port forward. Only way I have ever got it to work it via a OpenVPN / WireGuard client on the machine I want the port forwarded to. Did find a post on the ubiquity forums suggesting it was a firewall problem but unifi seems to allow everything by default and you have to block traffic. If any tech wiz could point out what to do would be appreciated!

I'm also experiencing the huge speed drop. There is also a DNS leak while using the OpenVPN client provided in the latest OS version. 

Have you tried a tcp connection? Are you using 10.4.0.1 as the dns server?  Or the default gateway address as a dns server?