Not connected, Your IP: 18.232.66.188
Mariano Salgado

Why the servers' latency is always so high?

Iam connected from middlewest germany to a server in switzerland. around 30-40ms. never had an latency issue as long as the server isnt far away.

check the eddie and other software on your computer

Why the servers' latency is always so high?

Heavily depends on your own setup. Wireless connection? Other users in the local network? Location? ISP? Its peering? Could be anything. Try different devices, too.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hi @Mariano Salgado

You didn't mention any actual performance issues such as slowness or lag, just some latency timings. Is everything okay except for the latency figures?
Is it really latency or latency reporting? I haven't posted for a few months but my findings were that real latency was very good. I did ping tests to various servers over VPN and the results were very good.

Eddie 2.22.2 resolved a race condition bug with the automatic latency tests. It also resolved falsely high latency reporting in Windows.
I'm guessing that you are not using Windows but a Linux distribution? By now I don't think it's down to Linux distribution or SystemD or not. 

Letting Eddie choose, could occasionally result in a server with an actual higher latency being chosen but I tend to select servers manually and they generally stay connected and generally it works very well.
For me, a real latency of around 55 ms is being reported by Eddie as over 400 ms. Because I choose manually it's generally not a problem, despite keeping latency tests enabled.
Eddie depends on OpenVPN and several associated packages. Perhaps there may be a bug in one of them. That's as far as I got.  

Today I noticed that Alblasserdam servers H thru Z and some Frankfurt servers have normal looking latency figures. This remained the case even after a reboot of my Linux desktop, so I suspected that something may have changed on the server side, that affects Eddie's latency reporting. To test this I connected a Linux laptop via ethernet. Again Eddie shows much more normal latency figures for these servers. Both machines are using Eddie 2.22.2 but different distributions.

I have had no doubts about actual latency being good, just the reporting between the servers and Eddie client. Fingers crossed for a welcome development.