Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.40.153
Nasdaq

Eddie doesn't work no more after backup

Hello community!

I have a problem that I can't resolve

I made a system backup and when I restarted the PC I was not able to surf the net with Eddie. If I close completely Eddie, I don't have any problem to surf the net. Tests speed are excellents.

A that moment, I had Eddie v2.21.8.  So I desinstalled this version and I put back v2.20.0. Same result. Eddie donesn't succeed to connect. It just restarts and restarts and restarts until I close it.
I have Windows 8.1 and all the security patches are installed. I made a complete virus analysis with Kaspersky and there is no infection. 

In the Network and Sharing Center, on "Local Area Connection - TAP-Windows Adapter V9 ", it shows that the Network Cable is not connected. So,, I changed the ethernet cable from modem to router and also the one from router to PC . I put new cables 
It didn't change nothing. I always have the same message : "Network cable not connected" and I'm not able to surf the net using Eddie.

I dont have any firewall and Windows Firewall is not activated.

I verified router parameters and everything seems ok. Any problem to connect on wifi with my phone.

I'm not an expert and I do not have any idea where is the problem and how to fix it.

I joined the last log files of Eddie and I hope that one of you will help me to find the solution.

Best regards

P.S. Sorry for my english. I hope it is understandable. 

Eddie_20230107_055105.txt

7 hours ago, Nasdaq said:

In the Network and Sharing Center, on "Local Area Connection - TAP-Windows Adapter V9 ", it shows that the Network Cable is not connected. So,, I changed the ethernet cable from modem to router and also the one from router to PC . I put new cables 
It didn't change nothing. I always have the same message : "Network cable not connected" and I'm not able to surf the net using Eddie.

I remember something like this, but it was waaay back when TAP 9.9 was still the newest version. So I'm guessing this is not the problem, and you shouldn't think about it.

Before proceeding, please reopen Eddie and retry a connection, then provide a system report instead of just the logs, as the system report contains them plus more info on your setup.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Not certain it is but wasn't this cured by setting the Eddie Elevation service to "automatic" instead of the default "Manual" in Services.msc?.

Hi guys!

Thanks a lot taking time to help me.

Finally, I used an old system backup created on November 18th and I restaured the system. You know what ? Everything is OK, like it was at that date with Eddie version v2.21.6.

The red cross doesn't appear no more in the Network sharing center and I have no limit surfing the net.

Thanks again and I keep your advice in pocket for the future. We never know.

On this cold morning ( minus 17 degrees ) I wish you a vry nice day from North America! 😀